Day's Review Clinic - Post Your Stories Here! [CLOSED - READ POST FOR MORE INFO]

Will give a review soon :smile: and love your profile pic :+1:

Thanks! forgot to add the
p.s: Sorry if my profile picture looks scary :joy:

1 Like

Haha profile pic looks brilliant :blush:

Review for @harly_episode

ā€œBeautiful Broken Liesā€

Episode One:

• Very clean directing from the start
  • Punctuation and grammar are on point!
  • Love how the girls call each other bishes (gotta keep the profanity on the down low in the forums haha)
  • The sass and sarcasm between the three friends is something I live for - the banter and dynamic they all have is brilliant :heart_eyes:
  • Elenaā€™s narrative is matter-of-fact and very concise, you get straight to the point.
  • Personally, I do like a story when the beginning is when someone is going through the future consequence then goes back to tell the story - the whole ā€œthis is where it all beganā€ā€¦
  • Again, on Elenaā€™s narrative, it felt as if I was in her head - her thoughts and feelings were realistic and felt very natural
  • Your writing style is on point because you made your characters likable/unlikable from the offset which for me is a sign of good writing
  • Typically, mean girls stress me out in stories lol but you made Elena and her friends likable with their sass and adding dimensions as well as complexity to their characters (btw I wanna rip out those cheap extensions from Cassieā€™s hair too girl :roll_eyes:)
  • Directing is brilliant and the way Cassie entered the school like she runs the place, loved how you wrote that!
  • The character points and the fact that choices matter is so good, I donā€™t mind if there are not many choices tbh because I live for a strong plot! Quality not quantity was the case here :smile:
  • OMG Lydiaā€™s coffee choice - loved it!

Episode Two:

• The party scene is well-directed and love how you added background characters which makes scenes a lot more realistic, the effort really pays off.
  • Feel like thereā€™s a lot more to Cassie than meets the eye - she seems shady hmm
  • The plot is yes! By that I mean I love the suspense, the romance, the drama! Love. It.
  • When Jake walks back into the party there is a slight layering issue when he comes back to the party (after being wasted in the bathroom) - a BG character is over him if that makes sense.
  • Phoenix is Mr Mysterious and love how you were descriptive but not too descriptive, you gave enough to explain how Elena is feeling but not overwhelming us with flowery words

Episode Three:

• Again, really good directing and itā€™s very engaging
  • Not many comments because I was way too into the plot haha but now I gotta wait and find out who the person in the skeleton suit isā€¦

Overall Comments:

This story gave me a Pretty Little Liars vibe and the high school drama vibe which I do like - the plot is suspenseful, drama-filled and a hint of romance. This is a great story, it is well-written and I loved reading it. You two have done amazingly :sparkles:

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much, this review is so amazing :laughing: We will have a look at the error in episode 2! We will do your review as soon as we can, we have a few others to do first :blush: xx

1 Like

Hey, and no problem! Btw I donā€™t need a review, and super glad you guys introduced this story to me. I loved it so much!

1 Like

Awww thank you, this means so muchšŸ˜† x

1 Like

Review for @TheBigMystery

ā€œFantastical: Regnum Fortesā€

Episode One:

• From the beginning, so the splashes and cover art are brilliant
  • Also, good use of advanced directing with the font and CC is a major plus point for some readers so thatā€™s great :smile:
  • Wow, this is a very interactive story - youā€™ve spoiled the reader with so many choices and the music is brilliant
  • The storytelling is really good very engaging, the use of different colours for the words made me happy too haha (as you can tell I am quite a fan of visual effects :laughing:)
  • Typically, I am not a fan of fantasy, however, if I find that the realm the writer has written is believable I find it quite engaging! I found this to be the case with this story, youā€™ve made a beautiful little universe and darn it is beautiful!
  • Love the character points and the fact they affect whether or not we will get to a love interestā€™s ending - choices have an impact on the overall story which is great and adds to the interactive element of the story!
  • Brilliant overlays Your directing is on point and is advanced, loving it so far!
  • The sarcasm and humour is my cup of tea (my Britishness gets strength from it haha)
  • WOAH! The Xylon VS Felix combat scene haha, I am going to constantly say it but your directing skills are just so good! I am anticipating some brilliant combat scenes in this story!
  • Your writing style is great - I love the characters, the love interests (I am taking a liking to Xylon haha) and the world youā€™ve made is evidently well thought out as well as interesting.

Episode Two:

• HOLY GUACAMOLE! Fionaā€™s ā€œDROP AND GIVE ME TWENTYā€ made me jump. Haha, never knew an Episode story could startle me (achievement unlocked) and rather the twins than me doing that training, it looked intense - very realistic and had a military vibe to it!
  • The fireball! Wow! (The effort you have put into this story shows, the hard work has produced a stunning result)
  • The combat scenes are beautifully directed
  • The story is so aesthetically pleasing and Iā€™m glad thereā€™s substance, itā€™s not just a pretty story but thereā€™s a strong plot too
  • Wow, that plot twist though! It explains a lot in regards to the twins!
    -An exhilarating episode to read!

Episode Three:

• I like how this episode gave the reader an opportunity to get to know the characters and gain some points.
  • This episode is quite light (less action than usual) which I like, it is still brilliantly directed and written very nicely!
  • Again, that plot twist though!

Overall Comments:
A visually-pleasing story with a brilliant plot and has all the ingredients for an awesome episode story: awesome directing, amazing plot and is very interactive. Itā€™s very clear a lot of hard work has been done for this story to be produced and my goodness it shows. What a treat to read! :sparkles:

1 Like

Review for @Davidcrvz

ā€œLGBT Finding Myselfā€

Episode One:

• I love the simplicity of your splashes and use of sound!
  • CC and name choice is a plus point for some readers, it really helps the story become more interactive!
  • Woah, the eye colour change! Some grammatical issues e.g. ā€œBut I stab himā€ should be ā€œBut I stabbed himā€.
  • Lovely use of custom backgrounds and use of own overlays as well.
  • Good use of transitions and zooms as well and the plot is quite interesting so far. Iā€™m curious about how MCā€™s eye colour changes will affect how MC will behave further on in the story.
  • Itā€™s very sad that the MCā€™s parents died and I do hope she (my MC is female) will be able to avenge her parents but doesnā€™t lose herself in the end.
  • Itā€™s a very cool idea that the eye colour change affects the morality of the MC.

Episode Two:

• Haha, good use of the ā€œcamera shakeā€ for when MC sisterā€™s screamed!
  • The exploration of morality when seeking revenge is very interesting (youā€™re talking to my Ethics brain - I used to study Philosophy & Ethics so I love the theme of the plot!)
  • Ooh, interesting, the reader can choose what kind of morality the MC will have with their choices and using a points system!
  • Choices definitely matter here! So I need to think carefully haha to see what kind of morality I will have!
  • Quick tip, at the end of each piece of dialogue, there should be punctuation marks (I forget this but some people whoā€™ve reviewed my stories have commented on that):smile:
  • Great use of sound, and love how it is an important part of the plot!
  • Haha, love how the fart gave her away to Kyle in the forest!

Episode Three:

• At the beginning when Kyle and MC are talking to each other, Kyle is not in the zone he was in before and instead with the MC - they are on top of each other instead.
  • Wow, the MC is very skilled with the knife - this might come in handy later in the story I think
  • Good directing, again good use of overlays and zooms!
  • What an ending to episode three! I wonder who Linda isā€¦?

Overall Comments:
Directing is good - great use of overlays and I still find the whole eye colour change thing awesome. This story has an interesting plot and I like how interactive it was as well as giving choices which gave points! Hope this review helps :heart:

Wow! Thanks so much for this awesome review!! Iā€™m so glad you liked it!! :relieved::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you @Days for this thread. I hope you always accept stories :upside_down_face:
I am 22 and I live in France so, know that English isnā€™t my first langage. And if you want to chat with me, donā€™t hesitate to contact me :wink:

Title: Switch Psyche
Author: Sicy Ricci
Episodes: 1-5 (ongoing)

Genre: Fantasy ~ Action ~ Friendship ~ Drama ~ Comic ~ And a little bit of Love (seems like a real explosive mixture) :smiling_imp:

Description: How will you react when your beloved ex-boyfriend who crushed your heart a few years ago, wants you to be dead ? Ancient forces are awaken to protect the world from a new threat.

Social Media: @sicyricci.episode on Instagram

1 Like

This sounds like a great read - Iā€™ll check it out and Iā€™ll review the first three episodes for you :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much <3 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Want to do mine please?
Story title: The Guy Next Door
Author: Rawda
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4662277465047040
Limeligth

1 Like

Review for @Sicy_Ricci

ā€œSwitch Psycheā€

Episode One:

• I love your splash - itā€™s simplistic but very lovely and has a quote which I am sure is relevant to the plot is a lovely touch! :sparkles:
  • The directing so far is very clean and good use of sound/music, itā€™s not excessive and is appropriate to the story!
  • The writing is gorgeous, great description and the narrative is well-written - it really speaks to me at times as I have a soft spot for Philosophy! (Jade talking to Manon about superstition)
  • Great use of filters to show which scenes are flashbacks
  • I like the dynamic between Manon and Jade is with its support & care as well as banter
  • Also, itā€™s brilliant that you have more than POV/perspective - the reader really gets the chance to be inside of the characterā€™s heads.
  • Great use of transitions to keep the story going smoothly
  • Wow, Jade has literally gone into the place of her nightmares!
  • Haha, good cliffhanger. I want to know now who was chuckling - nice way to end the first episode! :mountain:
  • Personally, I do not mind if there are not many choices or even none - what I do mind is a plot I find engaging and this story provides an intriguing as well as unique plot

Episode Two:

• Again, love the use of a quote at the beginning of the episode!
  • Your directing is brilliant, you use advanced directing skills and use them very well!
  • Also, Jadeā€™s special gift is so interesting - Iā€™m curious if Manon were to find out, how sheā€™d react to Jadeā€™s ability to foresee events as Manon is a skeptic from what Iā€™ve seen and for her to see physical evidence of someone with psychic powers so to speak would be intriguing)
  • Forgot to mention, the backgrounds are brilliant - I felt as if I were seeing things from Jadeā€™s eyes when the room started to whirl more and more

Episode Three:

• I love how complex your characters are like Matt who seems like a conflicted individual at times as you can see he still has feelings for Jade but thereā€™s definite resentment too, he blames her for his suffering.
  • It was interesting to see what happened from Mattā€™s eyes as well as Jadeā€™s eyes even if what Matt saw seemed to be in his head - clever exploration of the psyche!
  • Ah what a twist, there are vampires in this story haha AND GREG!? Now, that was a surprise!
  • Directing is on point and very good
  • Your episodes have ended at good points from what I have read so far - whether it would be a cliffhanger or a shock reveal.

General Comments:

The philosophical and psychological undertones of this story are amazing as well as the description and overall plot which is very unique as well as interesting. TrĆØs bien! :heart:

Hey, Iā€™d love to read your story. Iā€™ll make a review on it tomorrow if thatā€™s alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi days,
Thank you for your feedback although I already change some grammar issue donā€™t know why it didnā€™t appear and I will keep in mind some suggestions you have. Thanks for giving my story a try :smile:

Ah that may have been a problem with my phone but ignore what I said about grammar haha then. Great read :smile:

Hi! Iā€™d love to exchange reviews with you.

My story is called Revival.

Heres the description!

The story is about Lillian Hayes, who is a professional criminal in a futuristic society. Lillian lives at The Circle, a home for thieves and rebels who resist the new dictatorship government. Love, family drama, action and plot twists; find it all in Revival!

revival%20backgroundrevival background.jpg640x1136 369 KB
Instagram: episode__grace
Style: Ink
Author: Grace
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4762507897602048

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™d be happy to review your story later on today! Same with @rawda.s!

1 Like