Your characters are waking up in an unknown place without knowing how they got there; they remember their pasts but not abductions. They’re in a strange facility with no way in or out (no windows either). They only have each other, along with everything they need to survive (a room each, bathrooms, a cafeteria, etc), but no electronic devices. They are unable to reach the outside and/or call for help. As they try to find a way out, strange events begin to occur. There are Guardians that are the regulators of the facility. They will supervise, and the Guardians (played by me) know more about what’s happened than they let on.
Your Goal: To find out why are you here and how you can escape. Find out who those people are who call themselves “the Guardians” and what do they want from you?
Please read ALL the information below before RPing!
Thank you again, @monalla, for allowing me to recreate your brilliant idea!
This will, again, be an RP with some SG elements. There will be certain events that will arise, that I’ll throw them in here and there (like characters getting sick but you choose how it affects them, punishments for breaking rules, or ). Also, there will be powers for each character in this RP, but they won’t have them at the beginning.
As for the rules below, I’m going to be strict and implement a “three strikes and you’re out” system. You will get two to three warnings (depending on how nice I feel), then you and/or character(s) will be removed from the RP if you continue. They may just be put up for adoption.
- Standard roleplaying rules apply!
- Be active and able to reply at least once a day. You don’t have to be overly active, waiting for people is all gravy since we live all over the world! But once a day is all I ask.
So please inform me if you’ll be busy at all?!
- To counter number 2, please don’t be TOO active. No back-to-backs (when two people continue to reply to each other over a few hours)! I dislike them because the posts lose quality and don’t really enhance the story much!
- Write in the third person, please try not to have the character be you and write in the first person. If you write in the first person then it makes weird and harder to have bad stuff happen to your character, because it feels like we’re doing it to you.
- Write in the past tense, please, that way the story is logical and easy to follow.
- Keep posts to a reasonable length. A long one is fine, just not every time, else people will tire and not read them all. Too short and you’re not giving the other writer much to work with. Try to write at least four lines, not sentences (that’s about 9-10 lines on a mobile device).
- In saying that, please try to post all your characters’ initial post, as well as their follow-up replies, into just one post at a time. This keeps the thread tidy and it’s kind to your fellow RPers. If someone has to go and is away for 12 hours, then there is nothing more daunting than returning to see 20-100 new posts. If you can condense 2-4 character posts in one, it’ll be so much easier.
- The characters are strangers, they do not know each other.
- Feel free to ask me AND questions in chat!
- Please write your character’s location next to their name in every post. It just makes it easier for me (and everyone) to keep track of them. For example:
Name of character || location/room
Rules in the Facility
There are rules in the facility.
- There is a curfew in the RP. After curfew, your characters are supposed to stay in their rooms until morning.
- There are rooms in the facility your characters aren’t allowed in.
- You are not to go against the Guardians.
You can choose to follow or break those rules.
If you break them, you are risking getting caught by the Guardians. It doesn’t mean that you will automatically get caught. You can break rules and get away with it but you can also get caught in the act.
If this happens, you will get knocked out or sent to the “Dark Room”. If you get knocked out, your character won’t be able to move for a day (your character can talk but can’t move without assistance). If you are sent to the “Dark Room”, you will confront a Guardian (The Dark Room will happen in the PMs). You can only interact with the Guardian. Your character can’t interact with the other players on the RP thread until they get out of the room.
If you end up in the “Dark Room”, you can try to obtain more information about the facility and what’s happening in here like this. The Guardian may answer you. You can also try to befriend them, make them trust you. FYI: interacting with a Guardian in the Dark Room will be harder than if you talked to them elsewhere (because it’s still a punishment).
If Guardians take a liking to you, they can give you clues about what’s happening in the facility or about next events. If a Guardian gives you a clue, you should analyse it and try to understand what they meant. It will make things easier for you.
The Guardians are the regulators of the facility. The Guardians are always approachable (unless in a “Dark Room”). You can try to talk with them or form a relationship (even attack them). They may react to your actions… or not. Being close to a Guardian may be a benefit to you… or not.
Inside the Facility
No windows (or doors outside the Facility) can be seen anywhere!
- Cafeteria with an industrial kitchen.
- Individuals rooms: from 104 to 132, they are residents rooms. Residents aren’t allowed in the Guardians rooms.
- Communal showers and shared bathrooms.
- Infirmary: residents aren’t allowed there without permission.
- Storage room: It’s a warehouse where the residents can find anything they want; except electronic devices (like TVs, computers, phones…), weapons and medicine.
- Common room. (Relaxing room for everyone. Ask me in chat if you want something specific in here.
The residents’ rooms all have a single bed, a bedside table, and wardrobe. That is all.
Room 101 - Joseph (Guardian)
Room 102 - Amelia (Guardian)
Room 103 - Mikita (Guardian)
Room 104 - Leopold Yuli
Room 105 - Claire Marie Tanner
Room 106 - Luna White
Room 107 - Nathaniel Thompson
Room 108 - Frankie Lewis
Room 109 - Lucie Dupont
Room 110 - Faith Allie Marshall
Room 111 - Keaton Corbett
Room 112 - Crew Porter
Room 113 - Zara Cohen
Room 114 - Samaria Katō
Room 115 - Atlas Nakamura
Room 116 - Liam Clark
Room 117 - Kara Hansen
Room 118 - Corinne Francis
Room 119 - Calix Greywood
Room 120 - Tyra Jackson
Room 121 - Duri Park
Room 122 - Xavier Croshaw
Room 123 - Roger Luck Carcom
Room 124 - Cole Dunlop
Room 125 - Alexis James
Room 126 - Rebekah Sawyer
Room 127 - Echo
Room 128 - Griffin Walker
Room 129 - Cleo Hill
Room 130 - Elaine Vargas
Room 131 - Alison Conway
Room 132 - Justin Dixon
Room 133 - Folami Yoruba
The RP begins...
The RP begins with the residents waking up in their respective rooms, and may begin interacting with the others. Another announcement will be made after most are awake.
General chat should be had on the sign-up thread. Do not post a non-character post here, please, I want to keep this thread tidy.