Dear americans, what's the election about?

I’m English, and the last major election we have had was literally in 2015 for Brexit (Britain leaving the EU union, not the continent), and since then nothing has happened since. Recently I’ve been seeing lots of posts and advertising saying “GO VOTE NOW”, for an American election… and I have no idea what it is for. I tried asking some of my friends on a group chat, but everyone began talking about Trump’s spray tan, and I still have no idea what is the election for.

If you’re wondering why I’m bothered, I am bothered because America has a huge impact as a country globally because of how powerful it is, and I want to stay updated with the news. So Americans… help me out here?

6 Likes

im not American, but i am still trying to find out as well on what this election is about to.

3 Likes

The election is a midterm election

2 Likes

same, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt did a dedicated video to get everyone to vote, but I understood none of it.

2 Likes

It is just our quarter elections we have. Not for the president but rather Congressman, laws and whatnot. It happens in November. They hype it up quite a bit. Especially since Trump was voted in. It will be even bigger, I imagine when the presidential votes are.

5 Likes

Is that Trump being re-elected…? I’m dumb.

2 Likes

Lol basically what she said

3 Likes

Yes I have seen it hyped up the first time in ever, someone was like America is getting rid of abortion and LGBTQ+ rights because Trump was in office. No one in Britain has ever talked about it, I didn’t even know about it a month ago.

3 Likes

Talking about politics in America is a silent death sentence. People believe what they do but if you oppose other views it is like WW3. People take it way too far and people get rather butthurt as well lol

9 Likes

I know right, my parents raised me to never talk about politics in a meeting, interview, to my boss, to my teacher, to my goldfish and basically everyone.

5 Likes

Same here! I don’t talk much about politics since I don’t know very much about it lol

2 Likes

who does? they must be very caught up with the news :laughing:

4 Likes

Honestly tho :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m really confused about this too. Shawn’s newest music video said vote near the end of it and hes Canadian like me

3 Likes

Midterms, I believe. I’m perfectly neutral when it comes to politics, but I want a candidate who actually cares about America, and wants to repair the political/gender/race/religious divides.

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter. I think voting won’t make a difference because these parties are serving higher elites. They try to divide and conquer people and they are all one. It doesn;t matter who wins it will still be the same. Wake up.

2 Likes

that’s a bit biased lol, I’m not American but I’m sure we as Western countries are lucky to have the right to vote, people are dying for a vote, people died for us for our right to get votes. A vote is still your vote, every vote counts.

4 Likes

Ahem,

1. Spammed everyone with love :3

2. No idea about the election but … I AINT STUFFING MY FACE INTO THAT !

3. Came here to know what the heck is actually going on XD

4. I don’t like to talk about politics and stuff either …
    ME: I have an opinion
    OTHER PERSON: disses and insults about how the frick I’m thinking of IT like that *
    ME: * argues back about not judging others and randomly disses them tooo

IN THE END : I get a totally random , 30 min long thought about if I were to survive ww3 or not . The other person either leaves me or sticks around talking about ww3 or just nonstop insults XD

3 Likes

I see what you mean . That’s what I used to think too. Now I have a different view on this whole election thing. I don’t think voting will change anything to be honest. Why do I think that? I can’t fully write why but I will write that: both parties are controlled by a bigger elite . If voting would really change anything then they wouldn’t let us vote. They have manipulated people into thinking that they can change anything through voting . They are basically turning people into slaves.
As for the people that died to get us to vote , I feel bad for them , they did a very honourable thing but sadly they were as well manipulated . Goverment create war to divide people and take young people to the war . This creates unnecessary hate between people and decreases mass population . This way they can control us more. They also know the cure of cancer and many other sickness but they don’t tell us . Why do you think ?

I don’t want to continue writing anymore because I know what you’re thinking. I’m probably crazy. Well just do a simple research. Search on google about weather patents for example. Ever heard of NWO ? I don’t want you to think like me . Just to think about it.

#wokeaf lol

1 Like

im also british and confused