Dear americans, what's the election about?

I did. It wasn’t from the government. It was from “counterpunch” :rofl:

An article which ends with “join the DEBATE on Facebook”, might I add

LOL WRONG ONE

See, I sent you more than ONE.

You don’t look at them!

Whatever. This says it is both. Which I think is wrong, but eh.

Reason.com isn’t an american government website. It also says it’s both, which is what I said from the beginning.

I mean, it says this:

To be sure, in addition to being a representative democracy, the United States is also a constitutional democracy, in which courts restrain in some measure the democratic will. And the United States is therefore also a constitutional republic. Indeed, the United States might be labeled a constitutional federal representative democracy.

By the way, the Counterpunch article is arguing that the American democracy is so bad that it shouldn’t be considered one at all…

I don’t know why you’re sending me that when you think America is as it should be.

Reason? Oh, lady, I know that.

This is something different, not the one I was talking about.

How can I say “I sent you an article. Here’s another one” and that be the one I was talking about before?

You do too much reading in between lines and finding meaning where there is none. Just read the words at face value. I’m not trying to be tricky.

This is just pointless. I give articles from all sorts of different sources. They were the first ones I gave you.

And the one from reason wasn’t me trying to prove my point. It was me saying, oh look, I found this one. Take a looksee. You don’t read what people tell you, man. You gotta work on that.

Honey. You sent me an article that agreed with me. Do you know why? Because America is a demoracy.

To be sure, in addition to being a representative democracy, the United States is also a constitutional democracy, in which courts restrain in some measure the democratic will. And the United States is therefore also a constitutional republic. Indeed, the United States might be labeled a constitutional federal representative democracy.

There are two types of democracy: direct democracy and representative democracy. America is a representative democracy. Very few places in the world practice direct democracy because it’s inefficient. It means voting as an individual for EVERY SINGLE ISSUE. This is politics 101 stuff.

3 Likes

-_-

Again…how many times do I have to tell you that wasn’t the point of me sending that to you?

Jesus. Read my posts. Or don’t. Nevermind. Just drop it.

I won’t repeat myself again.

So you sent an article agreeing with me to show everyone I was right in the first place?

By the way, China is also a republic. What separates America from China? America has democracy.

^

“Here’s another one” isn’t a reason to show me you’re wrong!

That isn’t what it says…LOL

Do you only see what you want to see?

EDIT: isn’t what it says, I mean by context.

The other thing you sent me? I thought you were using it to say that America is a republic! I mean, it doesn’t even use the word “democracy” once, so I don’t know why you think you can use it to say the US isn’t a democracy.

If you’re trying to use lack of comment as a comment of lack, that’s stupid. I mean, it’s like finding an article that says “we live on earth” and saying “SEE IT DOESNT SAY WE LIVE ON A PLANET”

https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/designs_for_democracy/citations.html

You do this exact thing to a lot of people, I’ve seen.

This is why things can get frustrating. You don’t take anything at face value.

I’ll clarify this message real quick:

You did not do that in this quote this time, it was just an example. I get the context but you do it when you’re talking to people, too. It causes confusion in all parties and creates a problem where there should be none.

Anyways, this has gotten off topic pretty bad now. So, toodles.

Ah, a strawman ad hominem designed to hide the fact that you don’t know what the difference between a democracy and a republic is. Proof please.

1 Like

The American government is based on Democracy, which gives the public the ability to vote for their leaders. Congress is made up of the house of representatives, called the Senate. The reason you were seeing so many “GO VOTE” promotions were because the midterm elections were last month to re-elect the senators in the house. Congress passes bills and other important decisions made by the government. In America, there are 2 major political parties. Democrats vs. Republicans. The house is made up of senators that belong to each party. So when it is time to vote, each state provides 2 senators. These senators are either democratic or republican. As of this election, the house seats were flipped and Democrats won the majority of the house (A very good thing)

The image above shows the seating in Congress. The blue represents democrat and the red represents republican. This was a chart made to show how many Democrats would be needed to gain control. The reason its so important is because it determines whether the decisions of America will lean toward Republican or democratic principles.
The reason America has been so catastrophic is that Trump won, and Republicans have controlled the house, resulting in many of his bills being passed.
Moreover, the reason Trump won was 1. because of the electoral college and 2. Because of uneducated voters. Technically, Hillary won the popular vote and had the most votes, but because of the electoral college, he won. Honestly, both candidates were terrible in the majority opinion, and it was a matter of who would do the most damage to the country.

3 Likes