Dear Authors... from Us

Dear authors,

Stick to the damn guidelines.

Kind regards,

Annorah.

11 Likes

Dear authors,

I can’t wait to start reading Episode again.

Love y’all! <3

3 Likes

Dear Authors,
Please don’t give us the option to customize our characters if you’re going to add art scenes. I LOVE customization because it gives me a chance to add diversity (and to stories that are already diverse, even more diversity because you can never have too much), but art scenes ruin the immersion for me and take me out of the story. They’re not necessary. I’m perfectly capable of imagining what the characters are doing without a random picture popping up on my screen.
Also, overlays. That word is cursed in my head because it’s a word I hear a lot of authors use who don’t have CC in their stories. Because of overlays. I understand that they are necessary for some stories, but for those that aren’t, come on.

4 Likes

As an author, I write stories based on a variety of subjects ranging from Royalty to Mafia

My main characters always end up with the good guys, never a toxic relationship unless I add a twist to it.

Yes, I haven’t published anything as of yet on episode, although my past stories are still on just discontinued.

I’m now writing as a manuscript, hoping to publish my first book in a few years.

3 Likes

Dear Authors,

Will most of you please educate yourself on topics such as domestic violence, sex crimes such as rape, sexual assault/harassment and molestation, teen pregnancy, mental illnesses, suicide and criminals? It makes me sad that you are romanticizing it. It’s sickening and very triggering. As for triggers, please try to add trigger warnings in stories with triggering topics such as the ones listed above. It would help me a lot. Moreover, don’t misrepresent people who are simply different from you. And use correct representation. Use diversity, but don’t use it for reads. Not every story requires customization. Also, please, for the love for God, quit using overused cliches. They’re cliche for a reason.

Peace and love, Carmela :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Amen!!!

1 Like

All tied up neatly in a bow.

Another pet peeve of mine is overused animation(s). I’m guilty of this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Dear Authors,

Not every story is going to be perfect, and it takes time to master writing a story. Beginners generally look to the most popular topics to base their stories off because people have done it before. It acts as a great guideline, but any mistakes or incorrect information then gets copied over. The problem with most original stories (and some new ones) is that there are tropes that are very overused. Some examples being ‘falling for the bad boy’, ‘getting pregnant in school’, ‘dealing with a love triangle’, or ‘new girl is being pinned by all the boys’. Many people are tired of reading that genre and some are saying that those stories are actually a bad influence.

It would be great for authors to write new stories in different genres. It would be great for the setting to not be a school. It would be amazing if the main character was so fleshed out, that you could see them living in real life.

The main point is to make the story seem real in any background.

Throw all your characters in a fantasy world where everyone can do magic. Make the main character a guy. Have two main characters that readers can control.

And hey, if you want to write a story about a girl moving a new city to attend high school while looking for true love, by all means, go ahead. Just make the characters have the appropriate reactions and really research how teen pregnancies work or how self-harm can really effect someone.

No one is going to make their story perfect on the first try, but if authors are willing to learn and strive to improve, then your stories will quickly become more liked.

Sincerely,
BlueInferno

7 Likes

Oh wow,
So I would like to say My story has everything in above, all the sensitive topics in.
Before publishing it however though I submitted a ticket 3 times to episode to go over my full story with me to make sure it was within the guidelines. (If other authors are not doing this Why would you NOT do this? You have wasted all your time for it to be reported and taken down?) also the most important part of this the damage it does to the reader. I put trigger warnings all at the start of my story I made sure the reader was OK to continue with the topics that was going to be raised. people go on about trigger warnings and they can until the cows come home, But this trigger warning mean that the trigger a memory for the reader of something that has happened in there past that make cause them to feel that pain that felt at that moment of that memory, which can cause any types of attacks and have a impact on that persons mental health (Well this is my version of it, It probably not correct, IDK Im not perfect) Ok so a story is important BUT someone mental health is way more important than a story. when someone on the forum asks about writing about a sensitive subject I always tell them to submit a ticket to episode to get them to check it and for trigger warnings to inform what the story will contain. doing research on topics your going to bring up but as again we all make mistakes we are only human, and I would like to think If i represented something wrong someone would let me know so I can correct it. Even after doing My research on it. my story is to bring mental health awareness, as I feel that when I talk to people about disorders that are displayed within my story they dont have a clue. (and also for people who are living with family members or anyone with this disorder and they dont know it, they are not aware of it, You can tell someone something but showing someone is something completely different, I also did it for inner piece.) If you feel Anything I have wrote in this is wrong or not correct Im sorry But this is how I feel and my opinion.
I hope we can tell these stories but in a decent and in the right way from now on.
From Ya Bee Bee Ree Ree Author :slight_smile: :heart:

3 Likes

Dear Authors

Be very careful on who you share your story ideas with. There are idiots out there that are very likely to steal your ideas and claim it’s theirs! Plagiarism is a huge crime; especially when there are proofreaders that aren’t very trustworthy.

Sincerely,

Mezoria Thorn

3 Likes

Personally I hate CC, but yeah it does work in some stories but I personally don’t use it.

I put warnings on mine until I go blue in the face and even give the reader an option to go back to the main home page if they feel that they can’t read it with the warnings.

Bad directing is also a pet peeve, I’m an OCD and if it’s wrong I’ll exit.

And yeah I could go on but we’ll be here all day :joy:

2 Likes