Dear Episode Readers

Hey there readers! I have a few questions concerning gems choices.
I know when it comes to writers, we like to make gems choices worth it, by writing a lot of lines and adding more depth and details to the story.
But what do you readers think about gems choices?
When you read a story with gems choices, what do you prefer?
Do you like spending gems to know more about the story/characters, or do you prefer a story with outfit gem choices, so you can ignore the gems choices and still know everything you need to know about the story?
When it comes to me, I like to put a mixture of both in my stories. I have some outfit gems in chapters I feel like don’t need a long gem choice, but when I add an important gem choice, I like to start the episode with the character already wearing a cute outfit.

4 Likes

I hate gem choices, but if I had to choose I’d rather have outfit gem choices, so I don’t miss out on anything on the story. :wink:

2 Likes

i dont like gem choices. they are expensive and usaly not worth it, it is often 20 diamonds for a stupid outfit, not wort it

and why do it, you dont get anything out of it, and it makes a bunch of readers leave cause they dont want that kidna stuff

5 Likes

Authors benefit from gems choices, so that’s why I’m asking.
To access payment we have to have 500k reads on our story, but if we have gem choices in our stories we can access it at 100k gem chapters reads, and 300 gems choices (That our readers choose) If you see a story with a lot of gem choices that’s probably the reason, I just wanted to know more so I can manage my stories properly.
Thank you for your answers!

1 Like

I vote:

• no gem choices :smiley:
4 Likes

I know a ton of readers dislike them and don’t bother.

I personally only use gem choices for user authors, but for some reason it never takes my gems away (not complaining lol).

I might use them but Ik the likelihood of people ‘buying’ them is low

1. But what do you readers think about gems choices?
    Most readers hate them because they have to spend money which many young teens don’t have.

2. When you read a story with gems choices, what do you prefer?
    Do you like spending gems to know more about the story/characters, or do you prefer a story with outfit gem choices, so you can ignore the gems choices and still know everything you need to know about the story?

I don’t mind using gems to watch a backstory or special romance scene, Outfits worth 10 gems or more will never be worth it because they hardly add to the story so I usually skip them. IMO hiding info behind a gem choice is extremely annoying and will make me leave. I like when stories make it harder for the readers who don’t pay but don’t completely take it from them.

. A good example of gem choice that IMO is worth is the Last Goodbye by Joseph Evans.

2 Likes

as a reader I always feel like the author is taking advantage of their readers when they add gem choices but I also understand that they want to get paid so it’s complicated lol but I always appreciate it when the author doesn’t add gem choices.

3 Likes

Sometimes, I think about adding gem choices, but like…a gem choice that’s basically 1 gem cost for something like art scenes and extra scenes and better story rewards, but like…REALLY worth it. Just for 1 gem >.> idk tho. I feel like gem choices are scammy LOL

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers! It really helps a lot.
I also think 20 gems for any choice is too much, but I don’t know if us, authors, can specify the number of gems to unlock a choice?
Is there a way or a code you know of? I’d love to make my gem choices cost 1gem if I could.

You can’t set the amount of gems your choice will cost. It depends on your reads :blush: if your story has under 10k I think, it’s only 2 gems and then it goes up (don’t really remember the numbers lol)
I used gem choices but I used it when people were guessing, they had a riddle and after 5 times I asked them if they want to get the answer for gems or keep guessing. I think this way it didn’t take away anything from them, I only allowed them to cheat lol :grin:

2 Likes

The outfit gem choices are the worst, specially when the other option is ugly and it indirectly forces you to pay.
But i think the best examples of how to use gem choices are Fake love, True love and the Enchantress, they have outfit choices but the other options aren’t bad either, and theres some that are really worth it, like speaking for yourself or saving a friend or your love interest.

1 Like

Personally don’t like it. I understand an author’s motivation because of the payment program, but honestly I’d want all my readers to have a fair and equal reading experience. I know that not everyone is willing to break out their wallet on a digital game, as well. Also, let’s say I made a gem choice that leads to a scene/outcome really worth it and I dedicated my time into- only a fraction of my readers would be able to read something I put so much time into. I would want as many people as possible to have read something I am proud of.

2 Likes