Dear white people

I agree with your post! I’m white; born, raised treated, everything about me is white. But, my beliefs are that EVERYONE is equal. But nobody is equal until POC are equal. I know I have white privilege. I know it. I know I’m treated better than most POC’s. And I hate it. I can’t stand that people still get treated differently than eachother in 2021. I don’t want there to be any white privilege. There shouldn’t be any privilege based on anything. There. I’m done. :sparkles::black_heart::sparkles:

11 Likes

perioddd. it’s easier to be open minded and kind than to discriminate!

1 Like

What’s sad is that I’m also exposed to what POC’s go through. I AM NOT SAYING I KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE I AM NOT SAYING I RELATE!!! My mom works at a school on the west side. In my town, that’s a deadly, terrible, poverty stricken community. Most of that area is also POC. Well, my mom will come home and tell me how she gets treated differently than the kids she teaches or their parents. It’s sad. I hate it. I wish I could go over to those schools and show every POC that they ARE equal in my eyes but societally, sadly they aren’t. It hurts me because I’ve been raised to show only kindness and respect towards EVERYONE I know and meet. It’s common sense. Sadly, not everyone has that.

2 Likes

Discussions like these shouldn’t be on here because it gets out of hand and uncontrollable. It does suck that we can’t have a simple discussion without drama being started. This community on here is completely different from the community on Instagram. @Sunnytheauthor your points were very clear. Unfortunately some people misconstrued your points and what you were actually saying.

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and think differently. If you disagreed with this thread, that is completely fine. If you don’t have enough knowledge on the subject (black people) of this thread, then it’s best if you take a step back and learn before speaking on a subject you’re not really educated on. I hope this all made sense :cold_sweat:

11 Likes

Chill

1 Like

@RJL has just made an very helpful/educational topic relating to race & equality!
Go check it out since it clears up quite a few things (in my opinion) (:

Link = Addressing the Equality Misunderstanding - Community / General Chat - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

2 Likes

it’s not that serious like your making out to be

Who ?

the replies here

I feel the need to state that this is a public forum. You don’t have the right to say who can or can’t read what you post because this forum is for everyone and you don’t own it.

Also people will always inject themselves into conversations some do it to troll but others do it because they feel that they have to be excluded due to things that are beyond their control aka skin color, hair type, and that their experience is not as important as others.

Also these types of threads always, well at least to me, feel like they don’t include biracial people. more specifically ones that take after their “white” parent. I myself am half southeast asian half Slavic, but because I’m light skinned it makes me feel that I can’t allow myself to comment on post about Muslim culture, the natural hair movement, the poverty divide and other things because someone can falsely claim that just because I have a light skin tone therefore my opinion or what I say is invalid.

4 Likes

I agree with your points it’s in the community genre for a reason.

Bruh I never said white people can’t comment on this forum

1 Like

I said if black people have a post directed towards them then you shouldn’t try to involve yourself if your not a black person.

2 Likes

You definitely can talk about stuff like that because it’s literally a part of your identity, and anyone who tries to gatekeep you from that is wrong.

I don’t think OP specifically was gatekeeping biracial people, especially when other biracial black people I know on here contributed a lot to this topic. But also I should add that biracial people (not specifically just them, but as an example) can look like literally anything and their experiences regarding their race is definitely going to reflect on their appearance. For example, my sister is biracial and extremely white-passing (and I mean she inherited 0 features from her black side) so even though she’s black, she’s going to grow up with the experiences of a white woman. This doesn’t erase her blackness tho. It just doesn’t matter what you are but how you’re perceived by other people.

As a nonbinary, I’d rather not be seen particularly as a woman, but because I fit the female binary, that’s how people perceive me and my experiences in this society is going to reflect that.

6 Likes

@Mage @Zhasmin this is what I said not once did I ever say white people can’t comment on this thread so please read before trying to validate a point that’s not there.

1 Like

i just mean your ignoring what others are saying.

When did I ignore others? Y’all literally turned this thread around and made it about racism

1 Like

it’s just that others feel as though they aren’t included into this conversation, if it says “community” don’t you think you should listen to what others are saying and they have a right to share their opinion.

Ngl this argument is really getting old. I’m pretty sure almost everyone told you 20+ times that OP said anyone can comment under this thread. It’s when you’re speaking over black people’s voices on black people’s matter where it gets out of hand. I hope this makes more sense for you.

3 Likes

I’m not speaking over anyone’s voice?