Default Story Cover Updates - Vote on Comedy and Thriller!

Hey Episodians!

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback in the previous thread for our updated default genre story covers.

Based on your comments, we noticed that across the board, the concepts for Comedy and Thriller didn’t seem to land as well as the others. Since then, we’ve gone back to do another round of edits and are hoping that this final iteration gets us closer. Now we’d like to invite the community to help us choose the version we’ll be adding to the Portal for these two genres!

In the polls below, please vote for the cover you’d like to see represent that genre in the app and on the Writer Portal.

These polls will be closing at 9AM PST on Friday, 10/25, so vote now!

Comedy #1

Comedy #2

Special shoutout to @PoojaI for suggesting the art from the LOL shelf’s banner!

• Comedy #1
  • Comedy #2

0 voters

Thriller #1

Thriller #2

• Thriller #1
  • Thriller #2

0 voters

With Love,

The Episode Team

18 Likes

The new ones fit so much better. I am still not a big fan of the triller one. but its so much better for the genre

8 Likes

Can I make a comment? The second photo looks better (thriller), but the stance is still making it seem like this cover would fit best in romance. Maybe if the woman was standing straight up, leaned against the wall or desk with her arms crossed. Then I think it would suit thriller more.

38 Likes

I agree! I was just thinking of it like that

3 Likes

thank you for taking my suggestion :kissing_closed_eyes::v:t2:

4 Likes

The second pictures for both comedy and thriller are appropriate.

2 Likes

That’s way better!

3 Likes

i have an idea. How about for those who like the first cover of thriller and comedy to have like an option to choose the first one or second in the writer portal ?

8 Likes

the white part under her shirt in thriller 2 should be removed. it just looks very out of place if you ask me.

8 Likes

Still not digging the thriller one. As someone who writes thrillers, neither cover choice really fits the genre well :confused:

5 Likes

That’s a good idea

3 Likes

I had suggested this one for thriller :woman_shrugging:t2:

Screenshot_20191006-104116

16 Likes

This would definitely be a better choice.

3 Likes

looks awsome

1 Like

What about horror? It doesn’t pass as horror at all!

2 Likes

The cover looks like it would suit the action genre more than thriller :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Comedy #1 and Thriller #2 are my favorites! :grin:

1 Like

I agree with you. If they want a cover to match thriller, they should do something similar to old cover or at least something more thrilling.

6 Likes

Doesn’t the new comedy one look a lot like a ink?
I mean ink is good but every other cover is different…

2 Likes

comedy one looks good but it dosent fit the genre

1 Like