Default Story Cover Updates - We Want To Hear From You!

Hey Episode Community!

Did you know that Episode has had the same default story covers since 2014?
(BTW, the default story covers are the ones that appear on your stories in the Writer Portal and on the app based on the genre you choose, before you upload a custom one.)

Originally, we created these covers to help you get started when you write a story, so that once you upload a custom cover, you can’t currently ever revert back to using them. Now that we’re refreshing the look, we’re also considering adding an option on the story cover page to let you switch back to the default cover for your genre if you want.

Our team is working on changing these covers now, and we wanted to give you a sneak preview of the new ones!

We’d love to hear your thoughts on these updated covers and changes, so comment below to let our team know what you think!

With love,
Episode

123 Likes

Oh my God! Those are actually better then the old ones and they look very nice! :heart_eyes: I really love these new one! Thank you! :black_heart:

8 Likes

Wow! this is so cool! I love it!!

2 Likes

Anyone else wants to ditch their own cover and use these?

Just me? Ok.

41 Likes

Omg :scream:

6 Likes

This is FANTASTIC!

3 Likes

Woah these are great! Yes please!!

4 Likes

I love these! They’re such an amazing update to what the old ones were. :blush:

7 Likes

These are great! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, these are all a serious upgrade and I wouldn’t mind if these all become the new default covers.
However the comedy one and the thriller one aren’t the best representations of those genres I feel.

38 Likes

Omg that’s amazing!

1 Like

These are actually really nice, but what’s with the thriller one? :joy:

7 Likes

These are so much better than the old ones

1 Like

Looks amazing

when are we getting scifi?

5 Likes

yeah looks more like romance to me.

1 Like

These are actually very stunning! :heart:

The new ones look amazing :smiley:
But as it was said the comedy and thriller ones don’t really match…

9 Likes

I love them! And one of them actually fits my story lol

These are better than my actual covers. Good job episode team!

1 Like

This is one of the coolest updates, though I never saw it coming.
Feels kind of dumb to say it but I didn’t know that default covers were based on categories. I just thought you choosed:’)

2 Likes