Definitely [NOT] your average Fantasy Story! (Up for R4R)

TBM here!
I’ve been working on this story for months, constantly trying to perfect it’s plot and directing. I’ve decided to publish it as an entry to the Fantastical Contest!

Title: Fantastical: Regnum Fortes
About: You’re a set of twins which were suddenly zapped into a realm you never even knew about. What now?
Episodes: 3 (on-going)
What to expect:

• This story uses a point system! (Choices actually matter.)
  • This story has a wide variety of Love Interests! Even options for the LGBT community!
  • Some pretty rad effects! (50+ overlays and backgrounds were used!)
  • Fighting scenes!
  • Plot twists you never saw coming!
  • Diverse characters!
  • Text effects!
  • + Many more features!

So, what are you waiting for? I’d love to get a critique!
Feel free to comment on what you think about the story and how I can improve it!

Have a good day, guys :sparkles:

2 Likes

Hey, @TheBigMystery!

Wow, your story sounds VERY interesting! 50+ overlays and backgrounds—that must’ve been a lot of work! I’d love to read and give it my honest feedback.

I’ve also written a story for the contest, and I hope you’d be interested in checking it out. Here are my story details:

Title: Silhouettes
Author: aprilish
Genre: Romance/Fantasy
Style: Ink
Blurb: Arion’s ready to risk it all to make her dreams come true. Leslie sees him every day, yet fails to recognize who he is. Watch them fall in love…without ever meeting each other.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6116658762874880 12
My Instagram: @aprilish.episode

Thank you, and have a great day! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I’d love to help a fellow contestant out. I’ll give you my feedback soon as well! :grin: best of luck!

1 Like

Great, thank you! And to you, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Both of ur stories sound interesting, I’ll read them when reader engagement starts and promote it on my insta :3

2 Likes

I’m up for a read4read - just message me :slight_smile:

Fantastical: Nature’s caprices
Episodes: 3 (4 will be out this week)
Style: Ink
Extras: CC, choices matter, LGBT, several love interests
Description: Ana’s world is turning upside down when she finds out that she’s one of nature’s caprices - and if that isn’t enough, something seems to be off with her powers.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you SO much! :kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

I’m gonna be Honest!! Your story pulled me in as soon as I clicked the link and I saw that amazing art work! I have not even started reading it and I’m hooked! You’ve got a new reader!! I can see you worked really hard on this story!

2 Likes

Sounds good!! I’ll read and send you a critique soon :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

1 Like

Thank you!! I hope you like it :blush:

You should join the fantastical contest. If it’s good you’ll be added to the shelf.

1 Like

I did :wink: this story is my entry.

Since I’m doing a Fantastical story, do you want to do a read for read for my story, Fantastical: A Life’s Journey?

Here’s a link about it.
https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/fantastical-a-lifes-journey/37343?u=booklady1017

1 Like

R4R sounds good :blush: i’ll send you a critique once I’m done with the other stories!!

I will love to do a r4r :blush:
I just published my first story on Episode, also submitted for the fantastical contest :smile: I’m looking forward to reading yours <3

My story info:

Title: Fantastical: Ticket to Paradise
Author: Love S.
Chapters: 3
Completed?: Not quite
Description: After you get sucked into Heaven and become an angel, your eternal job is to guide rebellious teenagers.
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6624247412031488

1 Like

Looking forward to it!! I’ll send you feedback on your story as soon as I can :blush: hope you enjoy mine!

1 Like

Hey!
Here’s my critique (by reading your first episode)
The directing shows you know much about coding, which is quite good. Frankly though, I think it could use a little clean-up. Like how the strange man in the rain randomly exited, I feel like it might’ve looked better if he exited backwards instead of forward. Also, the sound of rain could be heard when the MC came back to her apartment. The choices also don’t seem to matter too much, in my opinion. As for the zooming, it’s good you want to put focus on the characters when they speak, but I kind of feel like they’re cropped out a bit sometimes and they tend to be out of the center. The spot placement could also use a bit of tweaking :slight_smile: i hope you experiment with it more! If this discourages you even a bit, please don’t let it get to you! I actually wrote this in the hopes of helping you improve your directing of course, we all have different visuals and I’m sure you’ll work best with your own vision. These are just mere suggestions.

Other than the direction, the plot is actually intriguing! I love how flawed the MC can be, because I don’t believe in perfect people.

Overall, I’m keeping your story in my library. I’m interested in how the story unfolds :blush::+1:t3:

1 Like

Ahh, thank you so much for your honest feedback! And ahaha no, don’t worry, I’m not bothered by it at all. I’m glad to have received some constructive criticism. I’ll definitely keep your advice in mind. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be starting off with your story soon. Do be expecting my critique! :heart:

Thanks a ton, once again! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not here for a read for read, but I read your story, and I’ve just got to say, that it’s really great :smile:

I can really tell how much effort you put into your directing, and the result is great! How much branching was necessary for the episodes that were released, I don’t even want to know :exploding_head: (I actually am kind of curious though :sweat_smile:)

Overall, this is a really good story :blush:

2 Likes