Determining Love Interest With Points When Theres More Than 2 Love Interests

So I have a story with 3 love interests and at the end I was planning to determine who the MC ends up with based on which love interest had the most points. However, I realized I dont know what to do if theres a tie between 2 of the 3 love interests. I don’t know how to code that in. Does anyone have a script template or any advice?

You’ll have to do a nested if/else combination like this for each LI:

if (CHARACTER1 > CHARACTER2) {
if (CHARACTER1 > CHARACTER 3) {

1 Like

I have a scene layed out where whichever love interest has the most points enters the scene. I am able to make it work however, it only works when the points don’t tie.

For example:

LI = Love Interest

Lets say LI1 has 5 points, LI2 has 5 points and LI3 has 6 points.

LI3 enters the scene

So even though there is a tie between 2 of the love interests, it still works because the other love interest has more points than the others.

My problem is when this happens:

Lets say LI1 has 6 points, LI2 has 6 points and LI3 has 5 points.

No one will enter my scene because the love interest with the most points is tied with another love interest.

So to summarize,

If there is no tie among the love interests the love interest with the most points will enter.
If there IS a tie, but there is still a love interest with more points than the others, the love interest with the most points will enter.
If there is a tie, but there ISNT a love interest with more points than the others, no one enters. It just stops working.

Hmmm… that makes sense. I suppose if they’re tied, you could have the reader choose themselves? Like:

if (CHARACTER1 = CHARACTER2) {

insert choice here

Edit: Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t realize you had mentioned that in your post already :see_no_evil: but yes, this is the way I would do it!

1 Like

Okay thats a good idea, thank you. Would i do that for each character?

if (CHARACTER1 = CHARACTER2) {

choice here

} if (CHARACTER1 = CHARACTER3){

choice here

}if (CHARACTER2 = CHARACTER3){

choice here

}

Sorry im not super familiar with coding so i dont know if i but the brackets in the right place.

im gonna try it out and let you know. If it doesnt work can i screenshot my code and show you it in case i did something wrong?

Yes! But I suppose you’d have to make sure that this only happens when the two that are tied, are tied with the highest points.

And yes of course!

1 Like

OH MY GOSH I THINK I DID IT

Okay so it was absolutely TERRIBLE to code, but i may have solved it.

So I ran a test with 4 scenarios.

Scenario 1:

One of the love interests had the most amount of points and the other love interests did not tie

Scenario 2:

One of the love interests had the most amount of points and the other love interests tied.

Scenario 3:

Two love interests tied with the highest points.

Scenario 4:

All love interests tied.

I think fingers crossed it all worked.

Here is my coding (its ALOT)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.