Dictionary, please?

Can anyone explain what dictionary Episode is using that makes every 's 've word incorrect, any scientific term (spelled correctly), etc as “spelling errors”.

It drives me freaking nuts. How is the word “surveil” spelled incorrectly??

Don’t even get me started on their own text effects are marked errors as well.

7 Likes

I completely get this. It’s SO ANNOYING. Words that I’ve definitely spelled correctly are marked as wrong. I’ve even had to search them up to double check and they’re correct. Also, it’s their own fricking text effects and filters and commands and whatnot, why would they mark that as wrong is it just to drive us crazy?

3 Likes

LMAO lets not even start on words from another language :sob: :raised_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve had 150 spelling errors before and most of them came from episodes own text effects :sob:

2 Likes

I will assume it’s because of the " " as its used in scripting so it acts like the words are incorrect

1 Like

I’ve had like 245 and it marked things that were clearly spelled correctly because of text effect. I even googled words to double check.

This I could kind of understand… but words that aren’t misspelled but perhaps are on a higher vocabulary skill? and scientific terms, medical terms, etc. are marked wrong.

My first story had a fair bit of Spanish in it so I def felt this in my soul :joy:

Do this all the time because I have a pretty extensive vocabulary/spelling skills because my parents idea of punishments when we were kids was to make us either: read a section of the encyclopedias and write summaries of what we read, or reading the dictionary.
:joy:

2 Likes

Flagged again. :roll_eyes:

Why do people do the things they do? :sob::sob:

1 Like

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t appear to be a bug. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Lol I had to do this with the word “incentivize”. Checked it thrice and it still showed up as incorrect in the portal. Now it doesn’t even look like a real word to me :rofl: :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

It really told me that tamponade was wrong. (as in cardiac tamponade)

1 Like

Maybe they think that people don’t write medical stories :rofl: I just typed in “tapenade” just bc the way tamponade is spelled kinda reminded me of it (tapenade is a food) and yup, still an error :sob:

1 Like

Exactly. I would just like to know why it does it. And how is it not a bug to mark every text effect as a spelling error. lol

1 Like