Did Episode remove the 30 days ad-free feature?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I noticed today I got an ad before an episode. No problem-- I went into the store to buy the 30 days ad-free and unlimited passes package like I usually do. I like supporting the app and the ads have a tendency to crash the app on my phone (plus unlimited passes is nice because I can spend hours going through episodes).

But when I looked for the option, I couldn’t find it. I thought maybe it was just a glitch, so I closed out the app and reopened it fresh, but no. Still not there. I’m not sure if this a bug or if this is true for others. Furthermore, if it is a bug, how do I fix it?

1 Like

It’s happened to me too. Since last night I also am unable to see the unlimited passes feature and now get ads before every episode I read.

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me! Hopefully someone gets back to us, I can’t use the app like this. My phone just can’t handle ads.

1 Like

@Sydney_H ?

1 Like

I also noticed that they added that if you dont want to watch adds that you can skip them by giving 5 diamonds thats never happened before

3 Likes

I’ve seen that before, but it ultimately costs a lot less to buy the month pass. That said, I’m not getting that option with episodes as of right now.

It happened to me as well.
It makes me wonder if this is an attempt to get readers to read more Episode featured stories and less community stories. In reality, it makes me less inclined to read altogether and save my passes for my very favorite authors. It’s only going to make overall reads go down.
@Melani3 can we confirm that the monthly ad-free pass is gone, or is it just a bug?

5 Likes

Same to me. The offer is gone for the month of December and I’m dying

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve never used it before but the offer is still available on my phone so I don’t think they removed it.

1 Like

Mines works… maybe try scrolling all the way down?

Or maybe you can’t use it after you bought it … for a certain amount of days?

1 Like

This is what I’m seeing.

1 Like

The bedtime bundle looks new. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.
Unlimited gems too for 2 hours?

Anyway, I just checked and I still have the unlimited passes option.
If it makes a difference, my app store is Australia.

1 Like

Mine is just like yours only I’m in England so the prices are in £’s rather than $'s Would seem odd if the American and British stores are effected but the Australian is ok for now.

1 Like

Mine is technically the Canadian store, but it does seem strange to me.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been told:

“Unlike permanent in-app offers, such as the individual Gems packs and Passes packs, which are available to all users at all times, special offers, such as the Unlimited Passes and Ad-Free bundle, are non-permanent offers and are sent to random groups of players by the system in limited quantities for a limited time. If this special offer is not available in your app, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to manually add it to your in-app store for purchase. Unfortunately, this means we can not confirm when this special offer will return to your app. Special offers will always be a part of Episode, but please be advised that special offers can change at any time.”

We do appreciate your feedback regarding the availability of this special offer and your feedback has been forwarded to the team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same,but for me it’s 7

So despite having this offer every month for over 18 months, may even be as long as two years now, suddenly its gone.
It’s as if now that Episode have had our money monthly (every 30 days) for a long period of time, they’re suddenly going to try and entice us into spending more money to buy more passes (I very rarely purchase gems) just to carry on reading with the app. The ad’s sometimes cause issues with my phone and so now if i’m forced to watch ad’s I’ll have to leave the Episode community or very occasionally spend 5 gems to skip the ads.
I was always prepared to pay monthly to be able to read stories without having to deal with ad’s which crash my phone.

Very disappointed that as readers we’re treated like this for our loyalty in paying a larger price for whats in effect a monthly subscription to the app.

6 Likes

Luckily for me I still have mines :sweat_smile:

omg I wish I had this offer for this long!. I just got offer during summer till December and now it’s gone :frowning:

1 Like

It just feels unfair for those of us that are prepared to spend the money buying this offer long term that to suddenly remove it in the attempt to get us to spend more through buying passes in bundles to read more episodes, or pay 5 gems per episode for no ad’s.
I guess Episode are just like other companies in life. Reward people for a period and then after a while forget about the loyal customers and give better deals (or remove their deals) to new customers.

2 Likes