DID mental health

First off, Anyone here have DID? If like to discuss it with someone for a story. :+1::rose:

I worked with some people for a small job with DID, I could help

1 Like

What are some misconceptions I should stay away from?

That they can NOT control when they switch from one person to another, they DO NOT realize what they they did when they switch personalitys, If one personality has a thought about something the and they switch the other one will not have that thought.

4 Likes

I was writing paragraphs that I deleted I’m sorry give me a minute. I’ll explain

1 Like

kk

1 Like

I can’t see anything???

I waited.

I didn’t get a notifacion, till like 5 hours ago, sry

No I meant I didn’t want others non related to stumble upon it sorry.

No, No your good. I would of done the same thing.

Omfg I deleted it All. I get to it later

1 Like

kk

I recommend u watch some videos on youtube about DID. Mainly the ones where a person with DID explains their syndrome. I actually watched this interview video with a news channel (i think it was 60 minutes - an aussie program), and the psychologist said that DID came from traumatic experiences, and a person would usually develop DID as a way to protect themselves. The case they were looking at was a woman who had over 2000 personalities that she developed since a child from child abuse. She explained that the other personalities would take over when she was faced with her abusive father to protect her from harm.

I don’t know a lot about the topic, but if you look at the video I link here, you’ll find out a lot about the syndrome.

I’d also like to note that the psychologist in this case didn’t refer to split personality as a ‘mental illness’ simply because it wasn’t. He said it was a very smart way in protecting oneself from harm they couldn’t escape any other way. Something along those lines anyways. Happy researching!!

1 Like

Yes i saw her story and the abuse she suffered was horrific and those personalities saved her life a very very sad story

I agree. It is a sad story but I’m glad she got the justice she deserved.

He deserves so much worse then jail i cried just from her interview she such a brave woman and I’m glad the courts allowed her personalities to testify against him.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m looking for something less extreme. Not the popular stories since it can’t give a common experience.

1 Like

honestly, i agree. but the fact his crime is being acknowledged and he is being jailed is enough for many victims to feel like they’ve received some sort of justice. a lot of people don’t get the chance to see their tormenter behind bars and thats such a sad reality of life.

oh haha, it was just an example. it has the same premise as other people. i genuinely think you should look at different ranges of DID and create connections between causes and behaviour. it’ll definitely help with your story.

1 Like