Directing and Writing Help!

Hello! @Dara.Amarie has a website that is really helpful and I use it all the time. She has a detailed description of spot directing.

But if you click on “show helpers”
Then “spot directing”
Then “change character”
you can select the character you want to change. Then there is the “Switch Tool” where you can scale and move your character.

I hope this helps!

• E

So to make an overlay tappable, you use the same exact coding as a “choice”, but replace the word “choice” with “tappable”

tappable
“OVERLAY_1” {
} “OVERLAY_2” {
}

Of course!

How do i get my characters (2 characters) do a animation but just in the beginning of the scene so you don’t see the begin of the animation?
Thank you!
Love,
Lena

1 Like

I feel like such a bugaboo in this thread! :laughing: I didn’t realize I had this many problems, but it seems I have hit another wall. I’m trying to loop opacity changes because I have a gif in my story. Script: &overlay BRAIN 1 opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay BRAIN 2 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 3 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 4 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 5 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 6 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 7 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 8 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 9 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 10 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 11 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 12 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 13 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 14 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 15 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay BRAIN 16 opacity 1 in 0.1 loop INFINITE times
It works just fine for like, 1 or 2 rounds been then it just stops…
I appreciate anyone who can help, Maybe I just need an extra set of eyes. :sweat_smile:

Hi the tutorial for this is in my template

please read again the instruction in point 5 - there is color-coded the script and detailed explanation. Your code doesn’t follow the instructions. Therefore it is not looping.

As you can see in my code every overlay is 2 times one changing opacity to 1 then changich opacity to 0 again. There is also system of how the overlays fallow achch other.

I have put there extra note that you cant put overlasy one after another but that is exactly what you did. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your help, lol. I was just about to say that I figured it out. My slow self didn’t put the create commands on the same line as the opacity changes. Thanks for getting back to me though!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@episodevio
Hi. I have been reading episode stories for a while now and I was wanting to make my own story!
How do you make an apealing and cool front cover image for the story on my own and for free. Is there an easy way to do this?
I would be very greatful if someone could help me. Thank you :smile:

You can check out this video!

:blush::blush:

OK thank you sm :blush::blush:

There are many artists that will make covers for writers here on the forum if you do not want to make it yourself or are unsure how! Try looking around in the Art Resources section of the Creator’s Corner! Good luck with your story! :purple_heart:

OK thank you! :blush:

You would write the following. It is basically a choice except instead of writing “choice” you write “tappable”, and instead of the name of choice you would write the overlay name

tappable
“OVERLAYNAME”{

}”OVERLAYNAME2”{

}

Thank you so much Angel. I’ll tell you how it went. THANK YOU!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

2 Likes

Of course! please let me know how it goes!!

Hello, I’ve tried byt I just don’t know how to do it. It’s so difficult. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Hi! i was just wondering on how to do a body pan and then zoom out? and how to zoom on the characters face i’m new to this whole coding thing :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Go to show helpers
Then Camera
Then you can click zoom and focus to adjust the location

Then type the location into your script as:

example: @zoom on 10 160 to 200% in 5

The “in 5” represents how many seconds the zoom happens in.

To reset the zoom, write @zoom reset

There are also many tutorials on youtube that are helpful for this:)

Let me know if you have more questions:)

I seriously need all the help possible. I’m new and all this programming stuff is a LOT to take on. I have been in theater my whole life so I get the idea, but the second it tells me something is wrong I can’t figure out what it is and why it is wrong and how to fix it. HELP PLEASE!?

1 Like

thank god you’re here!

please go to my thread I need urgent help all the information you need is there. thank you for your time :slight_smile:
it’s like i want to write so bad but i don’t know what to write and i really want to publish asap