Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

thanks again!

So most of us know how to make a character walk to a certain spot, but how do we make a character glide there?

For example, if you want to make a character fly, you donā€™t want to animate him running or walking. You want to smoothly move him. Do you have any idea on how to do that?
Thanks in advance!!

I would do:

&CHAR1 walks to spot x y AND CHARACTER does it while idle

or:

@CHAR1 walks to spot x y AND CHAR1 is idle

Hope this helps! Obviously, you can wait for Dara to reply to be sure! :wink:

You make them walk to a spot while doing an animation.

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in T and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER does it while animation

Sorry to bother you again, Dara, but Iā€™m having another issue. Iā€™m trying to add overlays in the background INT. BLACK - DAY, but literally every time I place them then go to the Overlay Helper on the app to figure out where exactly I want them to be, I canā€™t find them. Iā€™ve been scrolling and moving them everywhere but they just arenā€™t popping up on the screen. Help?

Overlays donā€™t work with the INT. BLACK - DAY or INT. WHITE - DAY backgrounds. Youā€™ll have to upload your own black background to add overlays to it.

Ohhhhhhh, thank you so, so much!

Ohhhh, thank you so much! I apreciate itā€¦ :relaxed:

Iā€™m having a problem with making my character exit to the rear, as in shes entering the cafe.

What background are you using and can you explain more by what you mean exit to the rear please?

EXT. CAFE - DAY is the background im using, I am trying to get her to face the back and walk to the doors of the cafe and exit into the cafe.

To get her to walk to the doors, you have to make her walk to a spot by the door using spot direction. ā€œrearā€ isnā€™t a direction, you can only use @CHARACTER faces left/right. If you want your character to be rear, you will need to make them do a rear animation. To make your character walk to a spot while walking rear, the code format looks like this:

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in T AND CHARACTER faces left/right AND CHARACTER does it while walk_rear

Once your character reaches the door, use @remove CHARACTER to make her disappear as if she walked through the door.

To learn how to spot direct, watch this video:

1 Like

Thank You!

So if an overlay is at layer 1 and a character is at layer 2, the character will be in front of the overlay.

Put mom in layer 1 and dad in layer 2

You have to layer your characters. You can layer them in 2 ways:

@CHARACTER moves to layer #

or

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

So have the mom be at a lower layer than the dad.

1 Like

1 Like

Does anyone have a script template for blocking a punch?

Iā€™m using the actions ā€œpunch_jabā€ for the punch, and ā€œraise_handā€ for the block. I know I would need to use spot directing and zoom in on the hands but itā€™s difficult to use the previewer to correctly do this as the punching action happens so quickly and does not pause where the arm is extended. Also the character punching is female, and the one blocking is male. Thanks to anyone who can help. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to code in my own overlay, but itā€™s not showing in game at all. Would anyone be able to help me figure out how to fix this??? Thank you in advance!

What background are you using?