Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

@Lexy12345678910,

Add the zone you want to place the overlay in (the one you are moving it around in).

&overlay PHONE create
&overlay PHONE shifts to 31 261 in zone 3
&overlay PHONE opacity 1 in 0
@overlay PHONE rotates 45 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1

1 Like

Aha it works!!
Thank you so much for your help!!! :smile: :smile:

1 Like

Hi! I have a question, in Limelight Style, female characters appear taller than male characters, I wanted to change that but I don’t know the exact code or something like that, can you help me please? Thank you!

@Brulovin,

You will need to spot direct them to get them to appear shorter.

@CHARACTER spot S x y in zone # at layer #

S- scale
x- x-axis
y- y-axis

1 Like

Could you give me an example please?

Hiii. Heres a link to to a guide I made on this subject. Hope it helps:

1 Like

Thank you so much! It actually helped me a lot! :grinning:

Hi, PurpleGhost

I was just wondering:

• How do I make a character walk backwards?
  • How do I make a character move somewhere doing a normal animation, e.g: charA is dragging charB and charB is getting dragged but she is doing talk_neutral_deny while moving, if you get me?

Thank you!
xox

@episode.anisha,

To make them walk backwards have the character face the opposite direction you want them to walk.

Example: I want the character to walk to the right while walking backwards.
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 250 100 and CHARACTER faces left

To have a character be dragged, you are basically asking for how to slide the character. To do this you will have them walk while doing another actions.

Example:
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 100 100 and CHARACTER does it while talk_neutral_deny

3 Likes

thankyou so much! xox

@Purple_Ghost
When you start the scene,how do you have the camera already on zone 2?
Like without having to pan to it from zone 1.
I have a character that’s rear and other characters performing actions.
I just wanna know if you can automatically start a scene in zone 2 already without having to pan to it from zone 1.

@Rosina.V,

Yes like Rune.episode said, just cut to the zone using the command @cut to zone #.
I normally use the & so the command runs at the same time as any command below it.
Example:
INT. BACKGROUND - DAY
&cut to zone 2
@transition fade in black 2

1 Like

It’s been driving me crazy, lol Thank you very much.

Okay, I need a group of people to stand in a background of a scene and not do much, but I can’t remember how to do it. Do I really have to create individual profiles or is there a shortcut? Please say there’s a shortcut. :pray:

Shortcut: Episode has made some crowd templates for our convenience.

You’ll find them on the right side of your desktop, under Script Templates:

1 Like

I’ve looked, but I didn’t find anything like that. Then again, I am using Limelight. Maybe it’s not available for Limelight. :sweat: I’m going to have to create profiles and not just be lazy, can I?

Aww, sweetie. I think you might have to just code it :confused: sorry

@Emeryael,

There are a few groups on Instagram that do spot templates for different scenes. Episode Assemble is one of them.

If they don’t have what you are looking for, you’ll just have to spot direct them yourself.

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to follow a character’s feet whilst they walk. Instead, it seems like line 4 is being missed out, and the camera goes straight to his face.
My code:

&LIAM spot 0.344 13 448
@zoom on 640 251 to 984% in 0
@pause for 1.5
&zoom on 640 251 to 984% in 2
@LIAM walks to spot 0.344 170 455

Please help! :slight_smile: