Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

@pebbleoakpine1,

It sounds like your story was set as Spotlight instead of cinematic when you were choosing your character and format style. You will have to make a new story file and set it to the cinematic where you see the whole character instead of the bubble.

0 Likes

Thanks so much! This makes so much more sense!!

0 Likes

Thanks, do you happen know how to make bullet holes in a wall or something like that? Like a bullet hole overlay? I’ve seen it in stories like Adrenaline.

0 Likes

@Aachinn,

Yes, those are just overlays that people found. If you search for a bullet hole png, you will find several different styles. https://pngtree.com/ has a lot of good png images.

0 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m having trouble with placing the overlays; how do I make it seem like it’s shooting one after the other?

0 Likes

@Aachinn,

To give the effect of shooting, have the bullets start shifting at different times or locations. Here is a guide from Dara Amarie for animating overlays.

1 Like

Hi can you please help me? Many writers in their stories placed these yellow speech bubbles above the screen in the story which sometimes tells something like (if you choose this choice then this character would like it or not). I was wondering how you find that? :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

@Avis,

I’m not 100% sure what you are referring to by “yellow speech bubble”. Are you talking about the bubble that drops down from the top and stays there for a few seconds? That would be a reader message and you use it like this:

readerMessage Type your message here.

1 Like

Something like this

Where the top speech top is
I don’t know how to do that

0 Likes

Yea, that’s a reader message. Just follow PG’s advice:

1 Like

how do you find it? :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

wait do you mean type reader message in the story and I type it something like that?
(idk what i’m saying…)

0 Likes

Never mind I get what you mean I know how now thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

@Purple_Ghost thank so much I know how. :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

How would I make a character follow a car while its moving?

0 Likes

My girl @Apes made a guide for this. Check it out:

2 Likes

Thank you

0 Likes

how do I make my character go to a spot but run instead of walk?

0 Likes

@AMANI182-EPISODEEEEE,

Use a run animation like you would a walk. If you want them to move faster, reduce the time it takes to walk to the spot.

i.e.
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 100 100 in 2 and CHARACTER does it while run_casual

2 Likes

Hey do you know how to make an over-the shoulder shot?

0 Likes