Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

Okay, thanks for helping me out. :heartbeat:

1 Like

You can fix it up in two ways

1. Put in the right bracket as well as remove the change alternitive under the hair_5 label. Because you don’t really need it anymore.

or

1. close the hair_5 label after messy back bun, and put the keep or change choice under it’s own label and choice. As well as changing the gotos to that label.

ex
label hair_choice
LEAH (think)
Is this teh hairstyle that I want?
choice
"Yaaas slaying"{
continue with storyline
}
"Nahh I want to change"{
goto hair_5 <—going back to the hairstyles under label hair_5
}

<3

Ooo okay tysm!

Happy to help. :smile:

<3

1 Like

Help please?

Trying to get a driving scence and overlay scene!

Also trying to get my character to sit in the chair across my the chair where the desk chair is!

:v:t2:

@ILoveToSing01231987,

Can you explain to me a little more what you are trying to do in your script?
As far as the driving scene goes, @APES HOW TO: Drive into / Drive Off the scene with Character inside guide helps with car scenes.
For the overlay scene, I’m not sure what the background looks like, but you don’t have any overlays in that scene that I can see.

1 Like

I used apes guide for the car and it doesn’t work right! The background is the INT. music agent desk-day from the background catalog!

@ILoveToSing01231987,

For the overlay to have layer and spot direct your characters. You will also need to add this to your script for the background:
INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY with INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY at layer 0
If you put a character at layer -1, they will be behind the desk. If you put them at layer 1, they will be in front of the desk.
If you want to layer them behind the chairs, I think you will need to make an overlay of them since they are part of the background. Or you could just zoom in so that it doesn’t matter that the character is standing in front of the chair.

For the car, what are you trying to make it do and what is it currently doing?

1 Like

Do a driving scence!

There’s no need for exclamation mark and if you read carefully you’ll know what exactly is wrong with your code, you used shift command twice and character is moving once. The guide is to help you some codes like this ones needs patience to understand and practice.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Sorry Apes for the exclamation mark.

1 Like

Hey! How do you only publish a certain amount of chapters? Like choose what ones to publish and leave out ones you’re still working on?

@episode.grace,

When you click on the update option on the portal, you will see a drop down asking you which episode chapters you would like to publish. It may give you a few options on how many to publish. Click on the number you would like to publish, then you can click publish.

thank you!

Hey, what do I do if the background doesn’t work with the overlayer? BACKGROUNDNAME with SELFIE FEMALE 3

@Snowflakes.write,

The overlays should work with every background with the exception of the all black ones as far as I know. Trying zooming out on the scene and moving the overlay around to see if you can find it.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m currently writing my first story and have managed to figure out most things with the help of all the lovelies in here!

However, my first 2 chapters are set in the same scene and in chapter one I gave the reader a choice to dress my character and do the hair and make up… my issue is, how do I ensure that these choices remain in chapter 2? Do I have to do the dressing game again or is there a way for it to be remembered?

Thanks xx

@brionyelizabeth,

As long as you don’t change the outfit/hair/make-up between the choice and the next chapter, the outfit/hair/make-up will remain the same going into the new chapter. However, you will not see it in the web previewer and will only see it on the app if you play through both chapters.

1 Like

Lovely thank you! I’ve been wondering this for ages! Thanks a lot x