Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

Oh thank you, haha! I’m so sorry I never read this but I did manage to figure this out on my own and I am still in the process of constructing a story I am super proud of! Thank you again!

Love you!
-Hailey :heart:

1 Like

Bump into existence, lol.

@Purple_Ghost I’m having problems getting Rose to do her action ‘faster’ when I done this in the last one it was fine, is there something I’m doing wrong?

@ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND ELLE is shocked
@pause for 0.6
@ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND KIKI is faint

@pause for 2

@ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive
@pause for 0.6
@ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive AND ELLE is faint

@ROSE walks to spot 0.816 -44 224 in 0.8 AND ROSE is run_athletic AND ROSE moves to layer 4
@zoom on 450 50 to 300% in 0

Then there’s this one where I want Rose to run through to zone 3 and exits right but she enters fine but then just stands there.

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY

@ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE is run_cry
@pan to zone 3 in 7 AND ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 zone 3 in 0.7 AND ROSE is run_cry

I need help with my story, how do I get a character to move into the scene and out of it?

@Ams007,

See if this gives the effect you are looking for:

&ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND ELLE is shocked
@pause for 0.6
&ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND KIKI is faint
@pause for 2
&ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive
@pause for 0.6
@ ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive AND ELLE is faint
@ ROSE walks to spot 0.816 -44 224 in 0.8 AND ROSE is run_athletic AND ROSE moves to layer 4
@zoom on 450 50 to 300% in 0

Try this for your second one:
@ ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE does it while run_cry
&ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 zone 3 in 0.7 AND ROSE does it while run_cry
@pan to zone 3 in 7

Also, do you want her to run to the spot in under a second or should the time be greater?

@sydney-episode,

You can either just use things like:
@CHARACTER enters from side to screen position
@CHARACTER walks to screen position
@CHARACTER exits side

Or you can use spot walking.

The Episode guides do a good job explaining all of the different ways to move your characters.

1 Like

Oh Thanks that worked.

The second one is also working but she slides, Yeah I might extend the time that she runs to spot.

1 Like

@Ams007,

I just noticed that you are also missing the in for the zone.

@ ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE does it while run_cry
&ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 in zone 3 in 0.7 AND ROSE does it while run_cry
@pan to zone 3 in 7

Yeah I noticed that just before it’s fixed now,
How can I stop her from sliding?

I am trying to change my characters hair in the beginning of the first scene but it is saying that no hair called long curly hair exists and I’m pulling that name straight from the character customization page. How do I know what the hairstyles are?

@Ams007,

Maybe try this:

&ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE does it while run_cry then ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 in zone 3 in 4 AND ROSE does it while run_cry I just added some time to it. You can change the time.
@pan to zone 3 in 7

@PurelySIMple,

The hair names should be the same as what they are in the portal.

@CHARACTER changes hair into Long Curly Hair

1 Like

For the love of Pete! Thank you! LOL I did it all upper case then all lower case LOL I am so blonde.

1 Like

She’s still sliding, I may have to leave that as it is :frowning:
I’ll check it on the app a little later

@Ams007,

I haven’t tried it in the app, but I think it may be the animation. I tried a couple of different things and nothing stopped the sliding. I switched run_cry with run_athletic and it didn’t slide.

1 Like

ok thanks, it’ll be ok even if she slides.

1 Like

Okay question. On Episode in the web viewer my character has blonde hair ---- in the app she has brown. I have not indicated anywhere about any color of hair. How do I change it so that the app reflects blonde?

I don’t have a customization because I need to be able to customize my MC, her twin sister, and the twin sisters son. I know there is a way of doing a template like that but it’s far to advance for me.

Can you help with the hair color though?

One more question.

If you have a character at a certain spot because you are trying to have them look like a kid and you want them to walk off the screen, how do you keep them at the same spot so they are growing in size as they are exiting?

@PurelySIMple,

First question:
In the character creator, does your character have blonde hair selected?

Second question:
You’ll need to walk the character to a spot somewhere off screen. You won’t be able to use the exit command if you want them to stay the same size.

Yes, blonde is selected.

Can you do a go to spot on a blank zone? Im already in zone 3, I just want to have him walk off. So I could use the same spot that I have for zone 3 and just do it with zone 4?