Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

Thank youuuuuuu! :blush:

Can you also help me with flashes? :sweat_smile:

@Brulovin,

I am assuming by flashes you are talking about using quick transitions. To do this you will want to use a normal fade out transition and time it for less than 1 second.

Example:
@transition fade out black 0.5

Thank you so much!!! :blush:

How do you create “locked” choices?

@queenkhadijah999,

To put a lock on a choice you will put before the choice option. You will want to add a label and goto to the choice so that it loops back around to the choice.

Example:
label haunted_house
CHARACTER1 (talk_think)
Are you sure you want to go into the haunted house?
choice
“No way”{
CHARACTER2 (talk_mindblown)
Are you crazy? I’m not going in there!
}
“Yes”{
NARRATOR
You have not proven to be brave enough to enter the haunted house.
goto haunted_house
}

Sorry, I don’t know why it is hiding the text. Must be a short key.

I’m sorry, I still don’t understand. Could you dumb it down for me.

@Purple_Ghost, nevermind. I understand now. Thank you!

Capture So I want her to say this line in her head but it wont work can you help me?

@Genesis.epiz,

Try adding a period to the end of the sentence before the last parentheses. If that doesn’t work, can you show me a bit more of your script and the error message?

Ok I will get it

Oh wait just forget it it works now

Also how would you put a character in a certain layer and zone and how would you put a overlay in a certain zone and layer can you like dumb it for me?

@Genesis.epiz,

To place overlays in layers, I just attach the overlay to the background and place it at a layer.
Example:
INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 2

There is two ways to place characters in layers. One is to put them in a layer at a spot (you can not have them walk to the layer though).
Example:
@CHARACTER spot 1.280 100 100 in zone 1 at layer 1

The second way is to move the character to a different layer.
Example:
@CHARACTER moves to layer 1

I found this image on Google, I’m not sure who made it (could be @episode.advice). Layer numbers work the same for both characters and overlays.

1 Like

Thank you :scream_cat::ok_hand:

Hi! I’ve just recently been writing on my PC and the preview hasn’t been opening up. All it says is "Downloading data (345224563/5598092)
Help

@Aachinn,

This issue happens a lot. Sometimes it has to do with an error in your script, other times it is just something crazy with the previewer.

The web previewer works best in Google Chrome (just as a rule of thumb for most heavy coding software).

Assuming you have no errors, first try just simply saving your script then closing the tab and reopening the story to try again.
If this does not work, clear the cache in your browser. You can Google how to do it for your computer since some are different.

If neither things work and the story also does not load right on mobile previewer, there may be a small error in the script that the script is not seeing.

Will do, thanks for the speedy reply

@Purple_Ghost Something really weird has happened! I wrote a whole episode, tested it, and everything went great. I decided to share the link to my story to my friend. I went back to the app to triple check that everything was in order, and all of a sudden, my character is stripping naked in a dressing game scene! I went back to the script, and it was the exact same. After I had shared it, I added a line of dialogue to the changing line, but I deleted it after seeing that it didn’t work. What do I do!?

@TALIA starts think
@pause for 2

label dressing_game2

TALIA
(What should I wear?)

choice
“Slightly Formal”{

TALIA (idle_awkward)
(I don't know what people will be wearing there...)

@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat
@TALIA changes into TALIA_formal1borderline1
@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat

}
“Little Yellow Dress”{

TALIA (admire)
(I love my yellow dress, why not wear it?)

@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat
@TALIA changes into TALIA_casual2dress1
@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat

}
“Button Down Skirt”{

TALIA (think)
(This is a brand new outfit, I haven't worn it yet.)

@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat
@TALIA changes into TALIA_casual3skirt1
@TALIA is dustoff_loop
@pause for a beat

}

@TALIA walks to screen center in zone 2

@pause for a beat
@TALIA faces right

TALIA (think)
(Is this my choice for the day?)

choice