Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

Thank you so much!

Hi!! Once again :’) I have another question! So, my character has the Morning Updo hairstyle and I want to show it in the story but I wanted to change it later for the Short Wavy Ombre hairstyle. I think this is a basic thing that I should know how to do but I just don’t :sweat_smile: Can you please help me? Thank you once again!

@CHAR changes hair into Short Wavy Ombre

Thank youuuuuuu! :blush:

Can you also help me with flashes? :sweat_smile:

@Brulovin,

I am assuming by flashes you are talking about using quick transitions. To do this you will want to use a normal fade out transition and time it for less than 1 second.

Example:
@transition fade out black 0.5

Thank you so much!!! :blush:

How do you create “locked” choices?

@queenkhadijah999,

To put a lock on a choice you will put before the choice option. You will want to add a label and goto to the choice so that it loops back around to the choice.

Example:
label haunted_house
CHARACTER1 (talk_think)
Are you sure you want to go into the haunted house?
choice
“No way”{
CHARACTER2 (talk_mindblown)
Are you crazy? I’m not going in there!
}
“Yes”{
NARRATOR
You have not proven to be brave enough to enter the haunted house.
goto haunted_house
}

Sorry, I don’t know why it is hiding the text. Must be a short key.

I’m sorry, I still don’t understand. Could you dumb it down for me.

@Purple_Ghost, nevermind. I understand now. Thank you!

Capture So I want her to say this line in her head but it wont work can you help me?

@Genesis.epiz,

Try adding a period to the end of the sentence before the last parentheses. If that doesn’t work, can you show me a bit more of your script and the error message?

Ok I will get it

Oh wait just forget it it works now

Also how would you put a character in a certain layer and zone and how would you put a overlay in a certain zone and layer can you like dumb it for me?

@Genesis.epiz,

To place overlays in layers, I just attach the overlay to the background and place it at a layer.
Example:
INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 2

There is two ways to place characters in layers. One is to put them in a layer at a spot (you can not have them walk to the layer though).
Example:
@CHARACTER spot 1.280 100 100 in zone 1 at layer 1

The second way is to move the character to a different layer.
Example:
@CHARACTER moves to layer 1

I found this image on Google, I’m not sure who made it (could be @episode.advice). Layer numbers work the same for both characters and overlays.

1 Like

Thank you :scream_cat::ok_hand:

Hi! I’ve just recently been writing on my PC and the preview hasn’t been opening up. All it says is "Downloading data (345224563/5598092)
Help