Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

how can I start righting a story? I cant figure it out.

@holo_potato,

I’m not sure what you mean. Can you explain to me a little more exactly what you mean?

Hi, I asked about the music before but it still won’t play when I preview it. So I have 2 music in the previous scene and they work fine. But for some reason the 3rd one wouldn’t play, but if I don’t put music off at the end of the story then the music will play in the beginning of episode 2, meaning the music supposed to work. I put volume music 0 25000 for the 2nd music so it’ll fade nicely, I tried to remove it but in preview all the music is gone. Any ideas why this happen?

@ellenab,

Try adding a volume music 100 0 right after the new music.

I did that and it works when I preview it from that scene but if I preview it from the beginning it won’t play?

@ellenab,

If the music works and you have the volume function set to 100, it should work. This could possibly be a bug.
Make sure there is enough time between the music fade out and the next music begin. So if the previous music fades in 2000, make sure there is 2 seconds of scene prior to turning on the next music.

1 Like

Ah ok, it works now! thanks so much for the help!

I just need to know how I can get to right a story. can you help me?

@holo_potato,

1. First go to episodeinteractive.com.
  2. Click on Create a Story in the top right-hand corner. This will bring you down to the sign-in. Sign-in with either Google or Facebook (whichever one you used to sign-up on the app).
  3. Once you sign-in, it will bring you to a page similar to this. Click on the New Story option.
  4. Type in a story name and click Create. (You can change it later.)
  5. The little Episode pop-up bubbles will guide you from there.

thank you so much

Hi, I’ve started writing a story on limelight but … why does it do that bubble thing? Instead of showing the characters fully. Or perhaps I should ask, please help me figure out how to make people just walk on and off screen, without any of these devil pop-ups xD

@pebbleoakpine1,

It sounds like your story was set as Spotlight instead of cinematic when you were choosing your character and format style. You will have to make a new story file and set it to the cinematic where you see the whole character instead of the bubble.

Thanks so much! This makes so much more sense!!

Thanks, do you happen know how to make bullet holes in a wall or something like that? Like a bullet hole overlay? I’ve seen it in stories like Adrenaline.

@Aachinn,

Yes, those are just overlays that people found. If you search for a bullet hole png, you will find several different styles. https://pngtree.com/ has a lot of good png images.

Thank you so much! I’m having trouble with placing the overlays; how do I make it seem like it’s shooting one after the other?

@Aachinn,

To give the effect of shooting, have the bullets start shifting at different times or locations. Here is a guide from Dara Amarie for animating overlays.

1 Like

Hi can you please help me? Many writers in their stories placed these yellow speech bubbles above the screen in the story which sometimes tells something like (if you choose this choice then this character would like it or not). I was wondering how you find that? :slightly_smiling_face:

@Avis,

I’m not 100% sure what you are referring to by “yellow speech bubble”. Are you talking about the bubble that drops down from the top and stays there for a few seconds? That would be a reader message and you use it like this:

readerMessage Type your message here.

1 Like

Something like this

Where the top speech top is
I don’t know how to do that