Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

How do you make a bio for a story?

@Aachinn,

Do you mean the description like you see when you first click on a story? Click on More Options (it is in the same spot as the fewer options I selected and highlighted), then click in the Story Description box. There you can type in a description that is up to 180 characters in length.

Thank you so much!

Iā€™m having trouble making the story remember what the reader chose, like who to hang out with. How do I make the story remember?

@Aachinn,

To remember choices, you can use gains. To add a gain to remember a choice use the word gain followed by the label of your choice.
Example:
gain hangout_bob

To recall gains, use an if statement.

Here is more about the if statement from Dara Amarie.

You can also use points to remember how a character feels about another character. Here is more on the points system by Dara Amarie.

Gains and points will carry through to other chapters, though the web previewer will not remember them. Just use an if statement to recall the gain.

This is not directing but how do you make your story visible on the app? And also i want to make the reader customize the hairstyle how would I do it?

Alright, so I havenā€™t been able to find anything on this so far so maybe itā€™s just not possible. Iā€™d like choice options to appear only if the player has gained a certain flag. Iā€™d imagine it to look something like this:
choice
ā€œoption 1ā€ (if gain_flag1) {
}
ā€œoption 2ā€ (if gain_flag2) {
}
ā€œoption 3ā€ {
}
ā€œoption 4ā€ {
}
Is there a donacode for that? Or would I need to create labels for each version of the choice?

@Genesis.epiz,

To make your story visible on the app, all you need to do is publish it.

To have the reader customize the hairstyle, you will need to make or use a template that allows for just hairstyle customization. I believe @Apes has a template for hair and makeup on her linktree (make sure to give credit). You can just remove the makeup section of it if you only want them to change the characterā€™s hair.

@phile,

There may be another way to do this that I am not aware of, but how I do it is by using goto functions in an if statement.
When I did it, I was using both gains and points (in the messiest way possible) to decide how many choices the reader would get.
So basically, you will make a separate choice option function for each possible combination of choices you have based on what you gained or lost.

Hopefully this made a little bit of sense since I donā€™t quite know how to explain it.

Oh no I mean like to edit the story and take a look at it on the app and thanks for the hair answer

@Genesis.epiz,

Assuming you used the same email for the app and the portal, if you scroll down in the side bar in the app, you should see a page called Create. If you click on this and scroll to the bottom, your story should be somewhere in that list for you to view. If it is not there, submit a support ticket to Episode.

Ok thank you :sunglasses:

So I know how to add an overlay to the start of a scene but I was wondering if you could help me. I am trying to apply an overlay in the middle of a scene so I donā€™t need it to appear at the beginning.

for reference I am wanting to apply red cop lights to the scene

@Caleia,

Youā€™ll need to use all of the following commands:

&overlay RED COP LIGHT create
&overlay RED COP LIGHT shifts to 100 100 in 0 in zone 1
&overlay RED COP LIGHT scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0
@overlay RED COP LIGHT opacity 1 in 0

Thank you! I really appreciate the help.

Hello, Um so Iā€™m having a little trouble with the props. Idk how remove them after they are used. How do you remove a prop after itā€™s been used?

The command for that is-
@remove Prop Name from CHARACTER

thx :smiley:

No problemā€¦

I need help with the mirror reflection code because itā€™s not turning out right for me. Hereā€™s what I have:

INT. FANCY BLUE BATHROOM- DAY with MIRROR to 0.676 39 330 at layer 2

@cut to zone 2

@RAIN2 spot 0.958 158 204 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND RAIN2 faces left AND RAIN2 starts rear

@RAIN3 spot 0.958 184 200 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND RAIN3 faces left AND RAIN3 starts idle_sad