Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

@Briana_M,

Can you give me a little more detail about what is not right with it?
Is your overlay possibly not in the right zone? To do this you can add the zone to the overlay.
You may also want to have the characters face the opposite direction of the other and have all things place in the scene at the same time.
ie.
INT. FANCY BLUE BATHROOM- DAY with MIRROR to 0.676 39 330 in zone 2 at layer 2
& cut to zone 2
& RAIN2 spot 0.958 158 204 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND RAIN2 faces left AND RAIN2 starts rear
@RAIN3 spot 0.958 184 200 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND RAIN3 faces right AND RAIN3 starts idle_sad

Well what I mean is, but I asked someone about how to do this before, and she told me to spot my duplicate character lower. I don’t know what she means by that.

@Briana_M,

They are talking about spot directing, which you can get more information about here. It looks like your layers are correct, so one character should be behind and the other in front of the mirror.

When they are saying to spot the duplicate lower, notice how the forward facing character (in the mirror) is just slightly shorter than the rear facing person. You’ll just want to adjust your y-axis number so that the character is a little lower on the screen.
This is not my picture, I just got it off Google.
Hopefully this answered your question a bit. If not, let me know.

Bumping this up since I’m alive again, lol. Alive = finished final exams.

How do you add splashes into your story? Thanks for your help :grin:

@neveractive,

First you’ll need to add it to your background catalog on the portal like you would any custom background. Then you can just treat it like you would any other background.

ie.
INT. SPLASH SOUND
@transition fade in black 2
@pause for 2
@transition fade out black 2

1 Like

Okay thanks for the help! :smile:
But I also have another question, Im trying to make a "dressing game" in order to do that I need to make a label but it didnt work and I used the label choosing_outfit, should I use another label?

1 Like

@neveractive,

That should work, unless you’ve already used that label once before. You can write a dressing game like this.

Okay, I`ll try it again

@neveractive,

If it still doesn’t work, send me a picture of your script and I’ll see if maybe something else is going on with it.

Thanks for the offer, but. I used another command label choice_outfit1 and I think It works I don’t know yet but I`ll reply if it doesn’t

1 Like

Okay, it doesn’t work, It’s all messy and I don’t know anymore, so should I send my whole script or just the part that doesn’t work?

@neveractive,

Send me the whole outfit choice, including the labels. You can post here or private message me.

How do you change a persons hair without customization

@Genesis.epiz,

You can use the command:
@CHARACTER changes hair into HAIRSTYLE
to change the hair to your desired style.

thank you

1 Like

So episode is saying for my script “choices must follow dialog immediately not a branch” I don’t what’s wrong with my script, here is my script

choice

“Glistening Dark” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABATHA previews outfit Glistening Dark

} “Love it” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABATHA changes into Glistening Dark

}

choice

“No not this” {

@TABATHA starts talk_confused_mind_blown

@TABATHA unpreviews outfit Glistening Dark

} “Pink Overload” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABTHA previews outfit Pink Overload

}

choice

“Love it” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABATHA changes into Pink Overload

} “No not this” {

@TABTHA starts primp

@TABATHA unpreviews outfit Pink Overload

}

goto continue_story

@Genesis.epiz,

You need to have a line of dialogue (like have the narrator talk) right before the choice.

Also make sure there is not an empty line between the word choice and the first option.

1 Like

ok thank you

1 Like

So I changed my script to this and episode says “choice must follow dialog immediately, not branch” is there something wrong with it?

NARRATOR
| bold , animation:flash |What should I wear?

choice “Glistening Dark” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABATHA previews outfit Glistening Dark

} “Love it” {

@TABATHA starts primp

@TABATHA changes into Glistening Dark

}

choice “No not this” {

@TABATHA starts talk_confused_mind_blown

@TABATHA unpreviews outfit Glistening Dark

} “Pink Overload” {

@TABATHA starts primp