Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

@mygmarvel,

You can’t have labels within a choice. Put the brackets somewhere after your choice like this.

ie:
    LILIAN
First on the list, check on |color:blue| the puppet theatre.
Then with the |color:blue| theatre kids and Tristan.
Then |color:blue| tickets with Carey.

NARRATOR
Where do you want to go?

choice
“The Puppet Theatre”{
gain PUPPET
goto puppet_theatre
}
“Ticket Booth”{
gain TICKETS
goto tickets
#scenario continues
}
“Theatre”{
gain THEATRE
goto theatre
}

########

if (PUPPET) {

NARRATOR
Where do you want to go next?

choice
“Ticket Booth” {
gain TICKETS
goto tickets
} “Theatre” {
gain THEATRE
goto theatre
}

} elif (TICKETS) {

NARRATOR

choice
“Puppet Theatre” {
gain PUPPET
goto puppet_theatre
} “Theatre” {
gain THEATRE
goto theatre
}

} else {

NARRATOR

choice
“Puppet Theatre” {
gain PUPPET
goto puppet_theatre
} “Ticket Booth” {
gain TICKETS
goto tickets
}
}

Anything between the second and third choices goes here (optional)

if (PUPPET and TICKETS) {

NARRATOR
Ready to go?

choice
“Theatre” {
goto theatre
}
} elif (PUPPET and THEATRE) {
NARRATOR
Ready to go?
choice
“Tickets” {
goto tickets
}
} elif (TICKETS and THEATRE) {
NARRATOR
Ready to go?
choice
“Puppet Theatre” {
goto puppet_theatre
}
}

label tickets
#scenario continues
@pause for a beat

label theatre
#scenario continues
@pause for a beat

label puppet_theatre
#scenario continues

@pause for a beat

1 Like

It finally worked! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

@Purple_Ghost I’ve been having trouble with this happening.

Hi! I’m trying to learn how to vary my camera angles in my story, and I’m having trouble.

What I’m aiming to do is have the camera cut to a zoom in on each character as they do their animation/say their line.
I can get the camera to the correct zoom on the first action, but the issue is getting it to switch to the next character as the scene goes on.

@Ams007,

What layer is Rose on? She should be on a higher layer than Eric, which in this case would be layer 4.

@Dudeeey,

I may not completely understand what you are asking. But if you are asking about how to cut to each character during their dialogue, use the zoom code line you get from the zoom helper and places it above the line of dialogue you want it to be zoomed for. If you want a cut effect, change the time to 0. I also change the @ to an &; this will have the zoom happen at the same time as the dialogue.

Previewer

Example Code

Here is a little tutorial from RudeInception on zooming.

1 Like

That is what I was asking about, thanks.

Though the issue is, the camera stays focused on the FEMONE character only, instead of following the other character like I need it to.

Does anyone know if you can slow down looping animations, such as EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY
Thank you!

@Dudeeey,

You may need to put a zoom reset/adjust the zoom because of the follow going into a different zone if that is where the problem is.

1 Like

@bethanyk14,

No, I don’t think you can slow down the looping of the looping backgrounds. You could however make your own “looping background” and time it to how fast you want it to move.

1 Like

yeah she’s layer 4

@Ams007,

Try adding and ROSE moves to layer 4 again to the same line that moves Eric to layer 3.

It’s still doing it

@Ams007,

Try updating the script. If that doesn’t work, try moving Eric to a lower layer (like -1). And if neither of those things work you can pm me (or post here) more of your script and I can see if something is interfering with the layer somehow.

1 Like

Thanks @Purple_Ghost moving Eric to layer 2 worked

1 Like

@Purple_Ghost how do you make a character do an action In a scene and then the scene changes and the character does not move?

@Forever1201,

To stop the character’s animation in the next scene, start the scene with another animation.

ie.
&CHARACTER is idle

It worked. Thank you @Purple_Ghost

1 Like

I’ve been reading a few stories where the author makes the character open and close their eyes. I probably make zero sense but I’m wondering how they do it. Like in Fine Line where Violet winked towards the camera. How do I do this. If it’s made with overlays what overlay do I upload and how do I use it?

@real.sarah,

Yes, they use overlays to do it. You basically have to pose your character in the animation you want on a white background, then screen shot it. You can then erase the background and save the character as a png. The png of the character can then be uploaded to your overlay catalog.

You may have to do some editing of the character to get the pose you want.