Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

yeah she’s layer 4

@Ams007,

Try adding and ROSE moves to layer 4 again to the same line that moves Eric to layer 3.

It’s still doing it

@Ams007,

Try updating the script. If that doesn’t work, try moving Eric to a lower layer (like -1). And if neither of those things work you can pm me (or post here) more of your script and I can see if something is interfering with the layer somehow.

Thanks @Purple_Ghost moving Eric to layer 2 worked

@Purple_Ghost how do you make a character do an action In a scene and then the scene changes and the character does not move?

@Forever1201,

To stop the character’s animation in the next scene, start the scene with another animation.

ie.
&CHARACTER is idle

It worked. Thank you @Purple_Ghost

I’ve been reading a few stories where the author makes the character open and close their eyes. I probably make zero sense but I’m wondering how they do it. Like in Fine Line where Violet winked towards the camera. How do I do this. If it’s made with overlays what overlay do I upload and how do I use it?

@real.sarah,

Yes, they use overlays to do it. You basically have to pose your character in the animation you want on a white background, then screen shot it. You can then erase the background and save the character as a png. The png of the character can then be uploaded to your overlay catalog.

You may have to do some editing of the character to get the pose you want.

Hi how do you make a ghost looking character ?
I’ve been trying to figure it out. Can you help me?

@Miranda_Stories,

It’s the same idea as fading characters. You’ll need to make an overlay of the background and add it to your account. You can then use it like an overlay and reduce the opacity to a number less than 1. Place the “ghost” character at a lower layer than the overlay to create the effect.

I’m going to try lol thank you

Hello, Purple_Ghost!

I know a few ways that I can follow my character; however, I wanted to learn how to use the @follow character command. I’ve seen it a few times, but I don’t know how to use it. May you teach me?

Oh thank you, haha! I’m so sorry I never read this but I did manage to figure this out on my own and I am still in the process of constructing a story I am super proud of! Thank you again!

Love you!
-Hailey :heart:

Bump into existence, lol.

@Purple_Ghost I’m having problems getting Rose to do her action ‘faster’ when I done this in the last one it was fine, is there something I’m doing wrong?

@ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND ELLE is shocked
@pause for 0.6
@ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND KIKI is faint

@pause for 2

@ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive
@pause for 0.6
@ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive AND ELLE is faint

@ROSE walks to spot 0.816 -44 224 in 0.8 AND ROSE is run_athletic AND ROSE moves to layer 4
@zoom on 450 50 to 300% in 0

Then there’s this one where I want Rose to run through to zone 3 and exits right but she enters fine but then just stands there.

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY

@ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE is run_cry
@pan to zone 3 in 7 AND ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 zone 3 in 0.7 AND ROSE is run_cry

I need help with my story, how do I get a character to move into the scene and out of it?

@Ams007,

See if this gives the effect you are looking for:

&ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND ELLE is shocked
@pause for 0.6
&ROSE is punch_jab AND KIKI is punch_receive AND KIKI is faint
@pause for 2
&ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive
@pause for 0.6
@ ROSE is punch_jab AND ELLE is punch_receive AND ELLE is faint
@ ROSE walks to spot 0.816 -44 224 in 0.8 AND ROSE is run_athletic AND ROSE moves to layer 4
@zoom on 450 50 to 300% in 0

Try this for your second one:
INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
@ ROSE enters from left to screen center AND ROSE does it while run_cry
&ROSE walks to spot 1.280 425 7 zone 3 in 0.7 AND ROSE does it while run_cry
@pan to zone 3 in 7

Also, do you want her to run to the spot in under a second or should the time be greater?

@sydney-episode,

You can either just use things like:
@CHARACTER enters from side to screen position
@CHARACTER walks to screen position
@CHARACTER exits side

Or you can use spot walking.

The Episode guides do a good job explaining all of the different ways to move your characters.