choice
“Yes”{
gain culprit_7
}“No”{
goto guy_1
}

OMG You’re a life saver! Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Purple_Ghost i’m trying to make my character do the animation shush, but i want to skip the animation and go to the ending pose. But i’m unsure how to do that I’ve tried experimenting, tried YouTube, and even asked partners in my group but i still haven’t found the answer can you help?

@Evaraji,

Unfortunately you can’t just automatically skip to the end. Authors will often zoom so that the character is out of view and then return to the character so that the reader does not see the animation, just the end reaction. You can also make a clone do the animation somewhere off scene and replace the original with the clone that completed the action.

@Purple_Ghost hey. I have this problem. So random idle animation appears in my script when I go to play through my story on my phone. Lke my character is supposed to start doing next annimation but instead they just stand there for a second and then start doing it. And it looks odd. I didn’t put idle or pause or anything like that in my script. It only appears on my phone or in preview. My script looks like that:

@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone 3 and CHARACTER faces left and CHARACTER is stepback_scared_loop

(Here’s where the random idle appears)

CHARACTER (idle_terrified_loop)
Dialog spoken.

And it’s not the only spot where this happens.

@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 74 32 in zone 1 and CHARACTER is run_cry_embarrassed_loop

(Random idle)

@CHARACTER is cry_sob_sad_loop

What am I doing wrong? It’s driving me crazy.

@diamymeow,

Try this:

@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone 3 and CHARACTER faces left and CHARACTER does it while stepback_scared_loop then CHARACTER is idle_terrified_loop
CHARACTER
Dialog spoken #The animation should continue to here since it is a loop.

@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 74 32 in zone 1 and CHARACTER does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop then CHARACTER is cry_sob_sad_loop

Omg that worked! Thank you so much :pray:t2::purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi @Purple_Ghost I’m having a little bit of trouble with remembering a choice. Here are the photos ( what I want is if they choose one type of piercings then the outfit changes according to that) :

But if i choose the second piercing it chooses the outfit with the other one!
thxx
mafi

@Purple_Ghost don’t worry I figured it out!
thank you so much anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have one of my characters (kyla) hugging the other (rick) while they are shown sinking down to the floor… after they hit the mark though, kyla goes back to facing forward. Am I doing something wrong to keep that from happening? The last command I have for Kyla before Rick starts talking again, isn’t working.

RICK
I won’t survive that, Ky.
&RICK walks to spot 0.719 230 199 in zone 1 in 3 AND RICK is cry_sob_loop AND RICK faces left
&KYLA walks to spot 0.677 177 198 in zone 1 in 3 AND KYLA is hug_rear AND KYLA faces left
@zoom on 239 297 to 265% in 3
&KYLA is hug_rear AND KYLA faces left
RICK (cry_sob_loop)
Life without him will mean nothing to me.

@kelleyg,

I’m super late, but if you haven’t got it working, try this.

RICK
I won’t survive that, Ky.
&RICK walks to spot 0.719 230 199 in zone 1 in 3 AND RICK does it while cry_sob_loop AND RICK faces left
&KYLA walks to spot 0.677 177 198 in zone 1 in 3 AND KYLA does it while hug_rear AND KYLA faces left
@zoom on 239 297 to 265% in 3
&KYLA is hug_rear AND KYLA faces left #I don’t know that you need this line. I think she should stay hugging without it.#
RICK (cry_sob_loop)
Life without him will mean nothing to me.

If it has been more than a few hours (and especially 24 hours) and I still haven’t answered your question, feel free to message me on Instagram (@purple_ghost13) or Discord (Purple_Ghost#4657) to go check the forums when I get the chance. :purple_heart:

I don’t know if these two things go with your topic or not but how do I make mini games? and How do I make a blinking text overlay at the bottom of a splash during the episode? Obviously i’m stupid and don’t know how to do this :joy:

@Elva_Writes,

For the mini game, I would need more details on what you are trying to do in order to answer that question.

For the blinking overlay, create a text png of your words and upload it to the overlay catalog. Then you will basically just be switching the overlay opacity between 0 and 1 for the duration of the blinking.

Example:
@overlay TEXT_OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0 then pause for 1 then overlay TEXT_OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0 then pause for 1 loop 5 times.

Like a basketball game type thing

@Elva_Writes,

Basically most mini games are just a series of choices, so you would use a choice code (like you use for dressing) to make a game. Your choice options would be the things they could do and the code under the option would be the result of it.

1 Like

Ok thanks. <3

1 Like

@Purple_Ghost I tried the " @overlay TEXT_OVERLAYg opacity 1 in 0 then pause for 1 then overlay TEXT_OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0 then pause for 1 loop 5 times." But it won’t work…what did I do wrong?

@Elva_Writes,

I forgot it doesn’t allow pauses.

@overlay TEXT_OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0.5 then overlay TEXT_OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0.5 loop 5 times

1 Like