Directing Help and Assistance From a Purple Ghost For All Your Episode Needs

Ohh I understand it now, wow this could solve some of my writing problems! Thankyou so much!!!

Yeah I have read the guides a couple of times but I couldnā€™t understand it that well, but thank you though!!

I have one character running form on spot to another and I need the first character to to be carrying another character at the same time. Hope that makes sense!

@xxcora,

What you need to do is have the character being carried slide across the screen at the same pace as the running character. You will also want the carried character at a further forward layer.

Example:
@CHARACTER1 spot 1.280 100 100 in zone 1 at layer 0 and CHARACTER1 is idle
@CHARACTER2 spot 1.280 115 100 in zone 1 at layer 1 and CHARACTER2 is surf_crowd_loop
&CHARACTER1 walks to spot 1.280 200 100 and CHARACTER1 is run_casual
@CHARACTER2 walks to spot 1.280 115 100 and CHARACTER2 is surf_crowd_loop

2 Likes

Hello,
I have seen some authors making characters slide while laying or sitting (without them exiting the screen). So I was wondering if it was the same method as what you described ?

@Sicy_Ricci,

It is. You are just having the character do a non-walking action when they are supposed to be walking by default.

Well, Iā€™ve tried to write it but then there is ā€œidleā€ appearing :
836 - JADE (idle_fallen)
836 - JADE (idle)
837 - JADE (idle_lay_exhausted)
Whereas in my script there is no ā€œidleā€:
@JADE walks to spot 0.891 17 127 AND JADE faces right AND JADE is idle_fallen
@JADE is idle_lay_exhausted AND JADE faces left

1 Like

@Sicy_Ricci,

I donā€™t know why it would do that. Apparently a few people are having that problem today. Try adding does it while.

@JADE walks to spot 0.891 17 127 AND JADE faces right AND JADE does it while idle_fallen
@JADE is idle_lay_exhausted AND JADE faces left

1 Like

OH ! I didnā€™t know this code !
It works indeed :smiley:
But the slide isnā€™t going in the good direction ā€¦ it slides from left to the lower screen whereas I would like it to slide from left to the lower screen.

In short I would like my character doing :
Character walks from spot XXX to spot 0.891 17 120 [ā€¦] does it while idle_fallen
Is there a way for that ?

1 Like

@Sicy_Ricci,

Are you asking for something like this?
@CHARACTER is spot 0.891 50 120 then CHARACTER walks to spot 0.891 17 120 and CHARACTER faces left and CHARACTER does it while idle_fallen

1 Like

EXACTLY ! Thank you so much ! :blush:
It really helped me !
I think I am going to use this code a lot ahah !
Thank you !
<3

1 Like

Okay, thank you so much!

1 Like

How do you make overlays fade or transition. For example I have a kiss print overlay and I want it to fade in.

1 Like

@Jayla12,

You would adjust the opacity. 1 is full color while 0 is invisible.

Example:
INT. Background - DAY with KISS to 1.000 100 100 in zone 1 at layer 2
&overlay KISS opacity 0 in 0 #Right now you can not see the overlay, though youā€™ll probably still see it on web previewer.
CHARACTER
I could kiss you!
&overlay KISS opacity 1 in 1 #The kiss overlay fades in in 1 second while the kiss action is used.
@CHARACTER is kiss

3 Likes

@Purple_Ghost your really helpful! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi.
You seem familiar with working with different color on the speechbubbles. Iā€™m trying it our properly for the first time - the Demi Lovato one - but Iā€™ve run into a bit of an issue - think you can help a girl out?

Every time I try to specify a name for the NARRATOR box I get an error message. A weird one at that

ERROR
Expected character or scene change. Found ā€œNARRATOR (LYRA INK)ā€ instead. Did you forget to CAPITALIZE the name, or close the ( ) around the animation.

Sometimes it accepts it, but then the command itself turns up inside a bubble
Like this

WOOT??? Iā€™ve done it as I always do, but for some reason it doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ve wrecked my brains around the problem with no result.
Is it just that this command doesnā€™t work with this kind of style or is there some other way I can make it work?

Thanks in advance
<3

1 Like

Seriously? It was that simple. How could I not think of thatā€¦

THANK YOU! :hugs: You saved my day.

<3

1 Like

@HappyDaisy,

Rune.episode is right. For some reason it only likes single name characters. My guess it has something to do with preventing using multiple characters in a box.

Thank you. Itā€™s odd I havenā€™t encounter this ā€œproblemā€ before but I guess itā€™s due to me never having had this advanced mixed script before. Or maybe I have, I just donā€™t remember itā€¦
In any event, I wonā€™t forget it (again?.) Thank you.

<3

hey how do you move a overlay like from the left to the right and that it looks like someone is throwing it
?