Directing help (customization, gains)

My story has CC and art scenes. I want the characters in my art scenes to have the skin color the reader choose for the MC. So I made an art scene for every possible skin color. Now I don’t know how to code it. If I add gains in the customization, won’t there be problems because the reader can go back and choose another skin color until the whole custimization is done and earn several gains?

1 Like

Yeah, so maybe you could create characters like if you were doing ink, mocha, and taupe, and etc, and put +1 for whichever skin they choose like
@MOCHA +1
And then if they change their mind,
@MOCHA -1 or @MOCHA = 0
This way you don’t have to worry about gains

2 Likes

^ Or you could do this: after the customization, you may need to add another choice for the character to choose their skin tone so that when they select it they can ‘gain’ the skin tone and not be able to select something else. Not sure if I’ve made any sense haha
This is dedication though, I can’t believe you have made a different edit for every single skin tone. You go girl, nothing is stopping you!

2 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t think of that!

1 Like

I can make you a template for it if you want

1 Like

I was thinking about that, but I wasn’t sure if people would be happy with not being able to choose again and again and again.
And thanks :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s fine, I can do it myself, but thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know what you mean, but what I was thinking is that you could add the skin tone option as usual to the customization without any gains, and after the reader has finished customizing, there could be another choice saying ‘which skin tone did you choose’ and then you could add the gains to that bit. Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, but I feel like as a reader I would get a little annoyed at that

2 Likes

Yeah, I understood it, but maybe the readers would still choose the wrong skin color at the second choice…I don’t want them to get angry because they want to choose again…

2 Likes

True.

2 Likes

I know what you mean :blush:

1 Like

And for the choices, I know it would be a lot of coding, but to make sure there’s no confusion with the points or anything you could do like
If they choose Mocha
@MOCHA +1
@PORCLEIN = 0
@TAUPE = 0
etc. etc.

1 Like

Marked as solved and closed. Thanks all! :smiley: