Directing help. entering and exiting

Hey. I have no idea why I’m having a difficult time with this today. lol.
So I’m trying to get some students to enter on the left side of the background and exit to the right side of the background while doing animations. For some odd reason, this code is acting strange. like the would show up from the right side then walk to the left side then walk to the right side and exit on the right side. Not enter from the left and walk to the right side and exit.
It’s probably something simple and my brain just isn’t working. lol. here’s the code.

I also want MC to enter from the left but stay there because the teacher needs to talk to her

@character 0 enters from left to screen left and character 0 does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop AND character 1 exits right and character 1 does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop
@character enters from left to screen left and character does it while walk_exhausted_loop AND character exits right and character does it while walk_exhausted_loop
@character 1 enters from left to screen left and character 1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND character 1 exits right and character 1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND character 2 enters from left to screen left and character 2 does it while walk_worried_loop AND character 2 exits right and character 2 does it while walk_worried_loop
@character 3 exits right and character 3 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND character 4 enters from left to screen left and character 4 exits right and character 4 does it while walk_neutral
@MC enters from right to screen left

This is telling the character to enter and leave the scene in the same command. What do you want to be happening here?

If you want them to enter and leave in one command, you need to use then.

@character 1 enters from left to screen left and character 1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND character 2 enters from left to screen left THEN character 1 exits right and character 1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop

Ok will try that. I did that but like I said before they kinda like froze in one spot and they had duplicates. if that makes sense.

1 Like

this is what it’s still doing.

the character just pop up on the right side not enter from left to right
used the code that u gave me too.

Is that the exact code? Because character script names should be all uppercase

Well I put in my character names. Yes they are capitalized

It was just to hide my character names

this is my code with the names

@EMMA enters from left to screen left and EMMA does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop AND EMMA exits right and EMMA does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop
@CHARLIE enters from left to screen left and CHARLIE does it while walk_exhausted_loop AND CHARLIE exits right and CHARLIE does it while walk_exhausted_loop
@LOLA enters from left to screen left and LOLA does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND LOLA exits right and LOLA does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND NOAH enters from left to screen left and NOAH does it while walk_worried_loop AND NOAH exits right and NOAH does it while walk_worried_loop
@BLAKE exits right and BLAKE does it while walk_talk_happy_loop AND SASHA enters from left to screen left and SASHA exits right and SASHA does it while walk_neutral
@TAYLOR enters from right to screen left

1 Like

@CHAR0 enters from left to screen left and CHAR0 does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop then CHAR0 exits right and CHAR0 does it while walk_talk_phone_neutral_loop
@CHAR enters from left to screen left and CHAR does it while walk_exhausted_loop then CHAR exits right and CHAR does it while walk_exhausted_loop
&CHAR2 enters from left to screen left and CHAR2 does it while walk_worried_loop then CHAR2 exits right and CHAR2 does it while walk_worried_loop
@CHAR1 enters from left to screen left and CHAR1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop then CHAR1 exits right and CHAR1 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop
&CHAR4 enters from left to screen left then CHAR4 exits right and CHAR4 does it while walk_neutral
@CHAR3 enters from left to screen left and CHAR3 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop then CHAR3 exits right and CHAR3 does it while walk_talk_happy_loop
@MC enters from right to screen left

I’m not completely sure it works because I usually use spot directing, but try this?

ok

Hmm CHAR 1-4 still pop up randomly on the right side for some odd reason

Fixed it. It was something stupid. Lol
@Sydney_H you can close this if you want.

Closed: Requested by Op :v: