Directing Tricks

So I have a question for all of you out there, I love writing as most of us do. However, while writing here on episode I find when I write a scene then have to go handle animations and directing I notice I become bored with my story and do not want to finish or I end up with writers block because I spent time on directing. Does anyone have a trick to preventing that? Should I be just writing everything first since the writing part flows quickly and easy then worry about creating scenes, directing and all of the other stuff later? How do the rest of you go about doing it? What is your writing patterns like?

I’m usually “sketch” episodes first. Writing quick dialogues, choosing backgrounds, leave notes how I want the scene too look like and what I need in it. Then scene after scene I’m finishing up. Sometimes I leave the hardest parts on the end :slightly_smiling_face:
I focus a lot on directing and I’m always trying some new things.

But sometimes you just need a break, or read other stories to get an inspiration from them :slight_smile:

Maybe I should try that just putting the basics in as I write then at the end once the flow of writing is slowing down doing animations and directing. I suck at directing I am always playing with it trying to figure it out but I am no good never like my outcomes lol.

Practice! It takes a lot of time to actually become good at it but it’s worth it :slight_smile: I love reading well directed stories :slight_smile:

Honestly, I am very much the same and I want to write my story because I have all of these ideas, but I can get bored quickly. Sometimes I try writing other stories to try and get back into the writing mood, but in your case maybe try imagining how each scene would play out in your head (like when reading a book), then try to create it with the animations after you’ve finished writing. I hope this helps and I’m sorry if it doesn’t :sweat_smile:

Yeah I think I am just going to have to do animations and directing after I write. As I write I do imagine how I want each scene to look. I almost think that is part of a downfall for me because I write the words and think of how things will look then my brain feels like it can not move on until I do the animations and directing so I go to it and then I get the writers block instead. Nice to have input on it all thanks.