Discussion: 2 love Interests

Do you guys prefer choosing if you want to date guys or girls from the start or have 2 seperate love interests?

I personally prefer start just because I hate leaving the other one lonely lmao.

3 Likes

I don’t mind as long as it’s a good story. :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I personally prefer just one that you can get to know instead of having two and having to choose :sweat_smile: But as long as it’s a good story I don’t really mind :blob_hearts:

6 Likes

I prefer to have 1 li because i always feel like crying when i leave the other! It’s so sad!

4 Likes

Same :joy:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in Creator’s Corner. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

I think adding the guys or girls choice is more inclusive and I personally am very tired of seeing two love interests
 I would be more invested in watching one relationship go through drama and obstacles (be them people or circumstance) than see the MC toy with two people’s emotions and ultimately ‘break the heart’ of one of the two. Plus, around 90% of the time, authors like one LI more than the other and tend to write and direct MCs toward that person. I think a lot of the time, when this happens, it’s because the author doesn’t think that people will be interested in their story unless they can slap “# LIs!!!” in the description.

So, my personal preference would be a story with ONE love that goes through stuff and survives (or doesn’t) than the 2+ LIs.

3 Likes

I don’t have any preference as long as I can date the gender I’m attracted to lol. I do like having more than one LI because it’s nice to have options in case I don’t like the one LI at all.

Honestly, for my story, I have more than one LI because I wanted to be inclusive. If I had to end up having only one LI in my story, it’d be this particular female LI and I can’t just gender swap the character like most one-LI-stories since their entire character is about subverting the mean girl stereotype (basically, instead of the mean girl competing with the MC for the heart of a male LI, mean girl and male LI compete for the heart of the MC. Like, why is the mean girl telling MC to stay away from male LI? It’s not because she likes the male LI but because she’s scared that the MC would fall for the male LI and she wants to have the MC a to herself.) and exploring what it’s like to be popular and a closeted lesbian.

1 Like

I like one just bc I sometimes HATE the other one but It makes me get closer to them
but sometimes I also just hate making the other one sad
Sometimes I get really sad because so many people want my MC and no one actually wants me so :laughing:

1 Like