Discussion: 99% of the “New Users Stories” is trash

I don’t know if it’s just me

All of the story’s on the New Users Stories are trash.

Well 99% of them. I don’t understand why new authors don’t take the time with their story rather than rushing. I understand it takes a long time for coding but, I had to learn the hard way. I just wish the New Users Section was filled with good story’s!!

What’s your thoughts?!

35 Likes

Well sometimes people don’t really understand how to code. I’ve deleted my script hundreds of times honestly :joy: I think calling them trash is going a bit far but I get what you mean. I’ve read some of them and I understand that not everyone is fluent in English. You don’t exactly have to read them.

40 Likes

I find it quite weird. All of the good stories on this app were once on that shelf, but aren’t bad at all. The only good stories I ever saw on that shelf were Fangs and Paws II: Allies by Blue Paws and Black Hearts, Golden Desires by @Madhu.

10 Likes

Yeah, but I just wish it was filled with good story’s rather than authors saying “hello,guys it’s my first story so please don’t judge me” on every episode :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

I’ve honestly stopped reading from that shelf because some of them were so hard to understand. Episode needs to reorganize them. I wish we could use actual filters like some of the other story apps I use.

11 Likes

I know what you mean, but they’re “trash” because a lot are new at writing. I remember when I first wrote my story, it was absolutely bad because I didn’t have much experience. I didn’t know what made a good story and I didn’t plan, I simply wrote for the fun of it and how good it felt to have it accomplished (I wrote some that were mainly based on my internet friends). I do come across some rare ones that are good. Now, I have a story that is a bit better because I practiced a lot with my directing and I know what makes a good story. The new users are mainly those who are new

19 Likes

I don’t know if this mean but I read that section just to laugh idk but, some of them story’s that they be putting on there is funny. Like I just read a story about a girl falling in love with her cousin :rofl::skull:

8 Likes

I kind of feel out of place because I’m a new writer, but I do agree with what you guys are saying.

3 Likes

Agree with spooky

3 Likes

I remember one was about this old maid who always talked about Lemon Pledge Cleaner :joy: It was kinda funny.

6 Likes

people have to start somewhere :woman_shrugging: how else is anyone going to learn? if you’re looking for good stories then people can offer suggestions or you can visit the monthly shelves (which you probably already do, i don’t know) but until someone can magically teach the entire episode community to code, write, and direct like a professional, the new user stories section is going to be filled with stories written by people who are still learning.

23 Likes

SWEET HOME ALABAMA

18 Likes

oh no :skull: :sob:

6 Likes

And I Oop-:eyes:

2 Likes

The other day I read a story about Adolf Hitler :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

:skull::sob:

3 Likes

BYE

8 Likes

I haven’t read from there in ages. I can’t- :joy:

3 Likes

You’ve actually made me curious. I might check it out :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Even though some are badly directed, it’s amusing to me. I read them whenever I want to get the pass for the daily challenge or whenever i’m bored lol

9 Likes