Discussion about Classic + thoughts?

I totally agree with this. I feel like creativity was at a whole new level back then. I also get what you mean about classic being creepy when you have other styles. For me I guess it’s just that when you start with classic and actually progress as new styles are introduced, you look at them in a different way.

1 Like

Yes exactly, there was a lot of creativity in stories back then.

Yes, I guess everytime episode releases a new style they make it better than the one before it, so that the app’s popularity increases, but that does also cause you to look at the older styles differently than before.

1 Like

Personally I feel like it’s the butterfly effect in a way
It’s all about over time and more and more authors
Back when it was just classic all stories were original and not a whole lot of people played, then ink came along and more and more users came on and started playing the app and writing their own stories so more stories plots started getting “copied” because the plot was most likely done already. Then limelight came along and now there’s millions of stories which means cliches and very similar stories

Edit:
Cliche plots didn’t start with episode and they certainly won’t end with episode either, it’s in books, movies and tv shows.
I will not sit here and discredit authors because I still haven’t published any stories but I feel like a lot of authors see the reads and publicity authors of cliche stories get and want that so they make their own which just adds to the list

1 Like

That’s true, I feel like that’s bound to happen on any platform when it gains so much popularity. It just makes me reminiscence about when it was easy to find unique and original stories. Though there’s still plenty of amazing stories on the app.

I joined episode around a month before LL was released so have never read many classic storys. I think ink & LL r slightly better looking but ofc I try not to just veto a story due to its style, however, I find it hard to even find classic stories. However, I read Joseph Evan’s classic stories bc I rlly wanted to read them :white_heart:

I definitely agree that ink and LL look better, but I feel like so many people can’t stand classic to a level that they won’t even read the stories, and end up missing out on a lot of good ones. I’m glad you read the ones by Joseph Evans though! I love his stories.

1 Like

Yessss there r lots of LL lovers who won’t read ink or classic & they defo miss out

1 Like

Right? Stories like The Ember Effect, Campus Crush, Super Secret Cedar Hill are all so good despite being in classic

1 Like

Tell me about it I find myself scrolling and scrolling and tapping on tons of stories just to find the unique one that sounds interesting to me

1 Like

Right? There’s definitely amazing stories out there, but the majority I see now are just mafia/gang romances that I don’t really enjoy so it’s just getting harder to find unique stories now.

1 Like

I started reading when ink was out. I was never a big fan of the animations in classic (it just seems so odd) but I’ve tried a few classic stories like the amber effect and I like the storytelling for the most part.

1 Like

I got here when they first started using INK, so I’ve read a few classics, but the only ones I can vividly remember reading are The ember effect and Campus crush.

1 Like

I also remember Classic stories having WAYYY more choices then stories have now. Like you were able to choose almost everything you did.

2 Likes

I can agree with that, I’ve always thought the animations and the way classic looks is weird. Even when it first came out. I just feel like people don’t even give some stories a chance because they’re in classic.

Oh my gosh yess I remember that. It was really cool because it felt like we were in charge of the story. There’s still some stories like that, but a lottt less.

1 Like