Discussion: Adventurous (contest)

Too soon, El, too soon! :joy:

The new creator’s contest is announced, and as the contest lady :tm:, it is my duty to create a discussion post.

In this thread, you are free to share things about your entry (sneak peeks, questions etc.) but don’t forget this is only for your entry, not other stories please or just ask questions about the contest in general. (When is the best time to publish, the deadline, etc.)

Good luck everyone! :eyes:

Announcement post :arrow_down:

18 Likes

Honestly, I like adventure stories but to me I cant even pin down what idea I want to write about. I want to join the contest but I dont know.

Hm…when is the best time to publish your story entry?

6 Likes

I’d say about 30 minutes before the deadline, or even a day before. Just make sure to not promote your story before the deadline as reads do not count.

And for ideas-- try thinking of adventure/action genres, what’d you want to do, then look for prompts if you can’t find any.

7 Likes

awesome. thanks. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m so excited😱 Adventure is my favorite genre so I’m really happy about this contest. I’ve actually started writing an unpublished story that can be in this genre so I’ll just enter with that hahaha (if I manage to finish 3 chapters in time, procrastination station)

10 Likes

We finna be making the best story, no :billed_cap:

3 Likes

Flex :muscle: :flushed:

1 Like

I’ve got an idea but I’m not sure if it really fits…that’s the struggle if your first language isn’t English… :persevere: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ye I might participate :joy:

I’ve been aching for a new (new) story but also at the same time swore off creating new stories until I finish one :persevere:

5 Likes

I’ve decided to do it. I’m pretty excited since this would be my first story and first contest entry.Maybe now that there’s some looming pressure I’ll actually publish a story for once

11 Likes

same. I am entering for the first time.

2 Likes

A bit random, but you can bounce ideas off me if you want as I’m not entering and always love helping people out with entries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, but I already have an idea and will probably work on that :slight_smile: Maybe others will need more help

2 Likes

Basically this. I usually give myself and hour or two for a “safety net” but don’t promote until after the deadline.
Remember you need to submit the form after you publish so you don’t want to be scrambling at the last second either.

5 Likes

I figure out an idea and im working on it. :grin:

2 Likes

okay so, after I publish it then I submit the form after the deadline.

1 Like

No, before (before the deadline, after you publish).
And make sure you check your emails! Sometimes it doesn’t go through so you want to make sure you get the confirmation.

4 Likes

ok noted.

So after publish and submitted form BEFORE deadline, check email for confirmation.

4 Likes

I think I’m gonna join, I have a story that would fit in really well, I’m way too good at procrastinating tho

5 Likes

I love how specific the last story contest prompt was, and now this contest’s is a little more open

5 Likes