Discussion: Are all stories made on mobile low quality?

Now that mobile creator is being removed from the app, a lot of people are saying that it’s a good thing, as many stories made on the mobile creator are usually poorly directed, due to the limitations. What are your thoughts on this? Have you read any high-quality stories that are made on mobile? Have you ever written and published one yourself?

5 Likes

No lol and you can usually tell when a story has been written on mobile.
But I’m happy to be proven wrong if anyone has any suggestions :rofl:

I can think of at least one mobile created story that hit the top 10 trending overall but some of the most common questions that the author had to answer were about no CC (not possible), weird background choices (limited catalog) and no choices at all including HMU, outfits etc (this was before choices were added to mobile creator).

10 Likes

Well, you can usually tell the difference between a story that has been written in the portal and one that has been written on mobile creator. For one, the animations on mobile creator are VERY limited, therefore they can feel and appear very repetitive. Most of the animations on the mobile device don’t do a great job of represent how your character is feeling.
There is also a shortage in the number of backgrounds you can use, and most of the better ones are only on the portal. You cannot get creative with zooms, cannot use overlays, etc. I personally have never found a great story that was done using the mobile creator. Although I found it useful for planning chapters before rewriting them on portal, I don’t think the removal is that much of a shame… not to me, anyway. :relieved:

2 Likes

I kinda miss I used it a lot to write on stories I had ideas for. and when would move to the website when finish with the plot

4 Likes

One of my stories was started on mobile creator when it first came out and I think I ended up deleting the entire part I made on mobile because it was too hard to work with. I don’t understand how anyone could get the directing to look smooth on mobile creation because it was just so fiddly. I also think it encouraged people to make spam stories because of that nature

3 Likes

I agree that it was a good thing. I think I read a horror called ‘Who’s There?’ and it was great, I only suspect it was made on mobile because my friend told me, but they aren’t a very reliable source, so if it’s not I apologise :joy:

2 Likes

Maddie V’s “Who’s There”? Because I’m pretty sure that wasn’t made on mobile (actually- it can’t have been. I think there was CC), but there could be another story with the same title lol

3 Likes

I attempted to make one when they first came out with it, but quickly trashed it because of how bad it got. I think that because creating an episode can become so complex, it is much better to create one on a computer or tablet.

1 Like

Mobile created stories are low quality because they are so limited but some stories are created by people who are lazy but hilarious. Forever gonna miss things like “my vampire werewolf goldfish baby”

5 Likes

If anyone finds a well directed story created on mobile, make sure that the author gets a prize. I could barely make characters walk while facing the right way and all my characters were Kikis.

2 Likes