Discussion: Are girls still scared to eat in front of guys?

Same. Have you ever excuse yourself from the table because you feel embarrassed to eat or when you want some seconds but you can’t because you might get judged?

1 Like

I don’t normally eat alone lol… because for that exact reason but, when I do I just zone everybody out.

1 Like

Ah okies.

I asked because I remember when I was younger, I was told by my uncle to not eat anything which caused me to binge and gain weight. Like usually, I’m good with my portions but when I feel like having one donut, he always (still does) lecture me about how one donut would make me huge. Bruhh, it’s not like I eat 5 donuts in one day or every damn day. I can’t stand that sicko because he always lecture me on what’s healthy and what’s not when I stick to the meals that I really like and still can lose the weight.

2 Likes

Similarly, I used to hate eating in public.

Now I don’t really care as much, especially if I’m with friends, family or colleagues.

However, if someone was to stare at me whilst I’m eating, I’d probably feel uncomfortable and move.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

When I used to be a big bigger, I was then scared of eating in public but since I lost a few stones/pounds, I belt slightly better but I still feel scared about eating in public. Doesn’t help when people watch me eat.

Like when I used to be forced to go to these weddings, I didn’t like how the cameraman point the camera at me for eating as this made me feel humiliated.

I hate eating in public in general, but only when I’m alone :sneezing_face:

I hate sitting alone too. Idk, being alone in a place full of people makes me anxious

1 Like

Mainly stopping myself from getting seconds :joy:

I was at a friend’s house, and her mom made amazing mac and cheese, but I never ended up getting more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know how that feels. Like when I ask someone to reserve some food for me (so I can when no one is around), it gets eaten by someone else…face desks

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that prevalent in real life, but more of a cliche used in stories. Although I know some girls who are like this, but I think this is the minority, not the majority

I am scared to eat in front of anyone. But not because of my insecurities or whatever, but because I wear braces :joy:. It is ridiculous. I have to eat pizza with a fork and a knife, food gets stuck everywhere, and sometimes I wince and make disturbing expressions because biting down hurts af.

Unless you are referring to social anxiety? I suffer that shit and most of the time, doing simple things such as buying a coffee can be embarrassing for me… but the gender of the people surrounding me has nothing to do with it.

Just an example. Never heard of what you described before.

3 Likes

Yeah. I have social anxiety as to why I feel paranoid when it comes to eating in public. Usually when I’m at home alone, I eat whatever I want without judgment but when I’m at family gathering, party…I eat very little.

1 Like

That’s what I was going to say I only need one girl that was that way and she was really uncomfortable with her body and had an extreme eating disorder the only time I’m not going to get far enough guys if you’re staring at me like a creep lol

2 Likes

What’s really understandable I could see where some people would get really cautious about that cuz they’re very self-conscious just remember that we all have to eat don’t let him bother you understand I have really bad anxiety when a lot of people’s around so I get it but sometimes we just have to remind yourself we’re human just like them.:blue_heart:

2 Likes

I think it’s mainly because many girl’s are like self-conscious about themselves and are afraid to look like a pig or slob or whatever. Some boys can be rude though, and some of my friends are like that.

I mean, I just like eating… if I wanna eat like five hamburgers I’m gonna eat five hamburgers like I don’t actually care who the hell’s watching. :joy:

2 Likes

I envy your self confidence. Don’t think I can eat 5 cheeseburgers in one day cause I’d worry about putting on weight.

1 Like

I know that all too well, I used to have braces, couldn’t actually chew down on anything, just try (and fail) when I was around other people because cutting my solid food into tiny pieces so I can chew it is awkward as fuck in front of other people. (I still do that… after 2 years with braces I got used to cutting my food and I don’t actually bite :confused: it’s not awkward anymore though)

I don’t get why any girl would be scared to eat in front of a guy, I like to eat alone-- mostly because hearing other people’s chewing is irritating af. But I never really feel awkward eating in front of anyone, I actually feel more comfortable eating with guys rather than with other girls :woman_shrugging:but that’s because guys often eat like pigs and don’t judge when i eat like I grew up in a farm with a family of actual pigs.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know I guess girls feel uncomfortable that a guy will do something creepy while she is eating. I don’t really care if I’m eating in front of guys.

Dude I’d gain like 20 lbs honestly I’d regret it the day after :joy::grimacing:

My self-esteem is decently good, but I have to force myself to believe it until I do—fake it ‘till you make it kinda thing. I just mean that if I wanted to stuff myself in front of guys, I would.

1 Like

Due to my past, I feel like I’m being constantly watched or feel unsafe

1 Like