Discussion: Bad Girl Boss (It's happening!)

In this thread, I was fixated on one screenshot from @Sophia-Oh that mentioned this upcoming story . Not even one or two days later, this happened:

Screenshot

As seen on here, it’s a story based on Deep Attraction 2 by Lady Dianna. For me, it’s too early to give any other opinions, so I’ll like to know yours.

Make sure nobody is dragging anyone else, make sure to try to make this as civil as possible.

16 Likes

Generic story with generic directing. Perfect match. :heart_eyes::ok_hand:t4:

13 Likes

I haven’t read the original but it will be interesting to see any comparisons (when it’s been released) by someone who has.

Can you read the second one without reading the first one? Because if not, I assume they would have had to make some changes to this version?

I actually think I may have read the first one, but I never had any intention of continuing or reading the sequel. Can’t remember if I finished the first one.

8 Likes

I’m fairly sure this has something to do with gangs, according to the description Episode provided in the app store / Google play store. If so, SMH considering that this will be a featured story, people may be taught to start seeing gangs in a good way / romanticize them, WHICH DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE TAUGHT (about gangs), as people younger than 13 may view this sort of content.

12 Likes

Episode already dug themselves that hole upon releasing My Teacher, My Gangster. Though I guess this would be interesting to see a story that Episode out-front says is BASED on another story.

8 Likes

The first season is a gang story so I’m 99.999999% sure this is a gang story too lol.

7 Likes

Trueeee… I never read stories like My Teacher, My Gangster, because the idea behind student-teacher relationships (which is illegal btw) makes me uncomfortable (no offense to others who enjoy this story), or any of those falling-in-love with kidnapper stories.

7 Likes

Chain Reaction 2 & 3 were featured as well.
So there are already a few featured gang leader stories. (Well okay, at least 4 including this one lol.)

3 Likes

I would like to note the actual title is “My Teacher, My Gangster”, same phrase. I’m lucky I haven’t read (too much of ) those stories.

3 Likes

So…gang crap except with a bad girl…bad boys and bad girls are literally the same thing.
Seems terrible already
Not looking forward to seeing tht on the feature section…

9 Likes

True that. Gotta admit the premise setting is already one of the worst ways to even ‘fall in love’ from the description on the other thread.

1 Like

I’m so tired of gang stories :woman_facepalming:t3:

I’m sure many people will enjoy it but I however, will not be reading it.

20 Likes

Same.

4 Likes

nnooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

It’s still weird to me sometimes how much different this forum is to the Instagram community, there is a lot more support there :joy: .

8 Likes

Really not loving the romanticization of gang life under the false guise of girl power.

IMG_5130

23 Likes

But it has character customization!

12 Likes

Queue our token black friend named… Maze. And the blonde “queen bee” that somehow made it to college calling MC a “snob” because we are… going to class. This is exactly what I expected.

6 Likes

I’m feeling kind of prickly about this not only being a gang story, but an Italian mafia story. Would be nice to see ethnically Italian characters show up in stories that don’t perpetuate mob stereotypes, but my expectations are probably unreasonable.

9 Likes

What annoys me the most is how badly gangs are portrayed.
It’s like the creators watched one C-grade “gangster” movie and called it good.

4 Likes