Discussion: Being a Teenager

Speaking from an eighteen year old perspective, being a teenager is harder than what most people think. We go through puberty, friendship stages, wanting to be accepted by people, dealing with problems at school and a whole lot more. It’s not that simple being a teenager as it was in the past when kids weren’t so out of control and rude to each other. It wasn’t as bad back then as it now in our society. It’s not easy being a teenager so the speak :woman_shrugging:t4: It’s true.

Tell me what you think and what your thoughts are.

30 Likes

Preach!

5 Likes

It’s really not easy being a teenager. My start to teen hood was hurtful.

7 Likes

Being a teenager is nothing like the movies

cough high school musical and 16 wishes!

Like I thought being a teen would be wayyyyyy more different then what it is! Pshhhhhhhh hmmmmmm idk being a teen isn’t what I thought and honestly I’ve been going through so much that really I don’t have the teenage life or spirit really.

5 Likes

Well, speaking from a fourteen year old girl from Asia. I say things are prettyyy tough especially going through puberties and heartbreaks.

LOL im not the relationship-type,

4 Likes

lol same.

3 Likes

when i first started jhs, i felt the same way bcs people kept on assuming things abt me, nvm even i’m always left out rn. thats probably why im loooking for online friends:D

3 Likes

I hate it tbh. This is the period of time where personally I feel very self conscious and I do care about what people think about me. I feel like I always have to impress people and try to ‘fit in’. If I hear someone talking behind my back about me or saying something like “she’s weird and annoying” I get really upset. Probably no one really understands how I feel and it will probably stay that way.

5 Likes

girl i can ruh-late

2 Likes

I think that every age/stage has its difficulties and pros. Adult life is just as hard, just in other ways.

5 Likes

and I feel like I don’t have a ‘real’ best friend who I know I can count on for anything or trust with anything. Lol that probably sounds sad.

3 Likes

they say being a teenage is all about fitting in and having cool friend&boyfriend

PERSONALLY id say screw that, im living my teenage life with episode and netflix by my side:D

4 Likes

I do prefer my online friends over my irl friends

2 Likes

reeelateable girl

2 Likes

Im 20 , am i still a teenager? :rofl:

2 Likes

In real life I do have a big group of friends, but I’m not very close with them.

3 Likes

Lol I don’t think so boo, you’re an adult

3 Likes

Ouch no😭 hahahah

1 Like

I hope you will find your bestfriend in real life/online boo😘 be happy ok

3 Likes

mine’s worst. so short story, my friends had a group, i was in it, i was considered their BESTFRIEND but little did i know, they made another trash-group without me and the only thing they’re discussing is how bad i was. like fml thats so messed up

4 Likes