DISCUSSION : Characters Personality in Episode

@IdaWrites gave me this discussion idea, and I’m really into discussions right now, though I should be working on my Thriller Story — Nevertheless-

1. What’s a personality trait you LOVE in stories?
  2. What’s a personality trait you LOVE-HATE in stories?
  3. What’s a personality trait you HATE in stories?

1. A story of a character in a story you absolutely adored?
7 Likes

What’s a personality trait you LOVE in stories?
I love when the main character is independet, confident and knows her/his values

What’s a personality trait you LOVE-HATE in stories?
Hmm…when the character is playing with someones emotions

What’s a personality trait you HATE in stories?
When the MC has a lot of love interests and can’t choose between them so he/she is with all of them a little lol, and when they are bossy, or when they try to change who they are.

A story of a character in a story you absolutely adored?
To be honest I don’t know…I liked Callie from “Chain Reaction” and Maddie from "Maid for you"

4 Likes

I like to see unique personalities, the lesser used character traits. They always stand out for me over the mysterious bad boy or mean blonde.

Guarded. I love how sometimes it’s done right where a character is very mysterious, they don’t give too much of themselves away and they have the other personality traits and background that match. But other times, it’s just annoying and predictable.

Bitchy / self absorbed personality. I despise it. I find it irritating and obnoxious to read a story where, specifically the MC, is someone who feels they are better than anyone else.

Love me black and blue.
I honestly cannot think of another example where the story for a character is better portrayed than in that story.

4 Likes

Female : I love crazy psychos. It’s like you take that crazy best friend stereotype, and play them.
Male : I love the cute males that are shy and timid, and like can’t express feelings well. M-a-r-r-y M-e

Female : I can’t think of one.
Male : I love-hate males that wont let the girl go. Like can you give the MC some personal space, but thank you for stalking me enough to stick up for me when my crazy X comes back.

Female : I hate the personality trait where the MC does nothing but cry / sob / express anger over a break up (usually it’s over a cheating). Like damn, it’s been like five years. Get over it.
Male : I dislike males who kiss the MC within five minutes of meeting the girl. This just makes me unconfortable

I love . . . love Zion from Bad to the Bone. He’s like the worst possible character in the entire world. He’s sexist as hell, but he’s also the most aggravating character in the world but he’s so funny. I love him.

I also love the MC from Santa’s Naughty’s list. She’s just a manipulative beach.

I think I have a thing for the bad guys

5 Likes
  1. What’s a personality trait you LOVE in stories?

I like it when the mc is confident, stands up for herself, kinda like a bad girl/boy, I like it when she/he is mysterious, and don’t talk about their feelings and past. Oh and the character MUST be hot

1. What’s a personality trait you LOVE-HATE in stories?

Sometimes I hate it when the mc is falling in love, i like it when he/she is single and stays single during the whole story other times I like it when he/she finds love, but that changes nearly every day, lol

1. What’s a personality trait you HATE in stories?

When she/he has many love interest and don’t know who he wants. Or when she kisses the the love interest in the beginning of the story

1. A story of a character in a story you absolutely adored?

Charley from “to bad for you” I like it, that she cares about her family, friends and also other people but she don’t show it, she pretends to be the bad girl, who don’t care about others. I also like it that she is strong and confident.

1 Like

What’s a personality trait you LOVE in stories?

• The badass female: independent, strong, sassy, smart and able to stand up for herself
  • The “mysterious bad boy”: a little bit cold, sharp-minded, confident, who flirts by teasing and making sarcastic remarks
  • The super nerd male character: knows everything about modern technology and the latest Marvel movies, but have no idea how to behave in social interactions (especially with girls)

What’s a personality trait you LOVE-HATE in stories?

• Characters with anger issues: who just get pissed off about everything
  • Dumb, annoying but funny characters

What’s a personality trait you HATE in stories?

• The over-exaggerated mean girl trope: when the character is being a bitch for no reason
  • Weak, stupid and/or Stockholm Syndrome females who need the reader’s help to decide whether they want to break up with the asshole boyfriend who had cheated for the 5th time
  • Rude, abusive, possesive bad boy characters: who treat the MC and everyone else like they were doormats.

A story of a character in a story you absolutely adored?
I love both main characters in ‘I Despise You’. They are both assassins and each other’s targets, and fortunately the female MC plays a fairly equal role in the story, which makes their chemistry work even better.

4 Likes
  1. I love an independent MC who is loyal to their friends and allies.
  2. The mean girls! They’re fun to annoy but get old fast.
  3. I despise when the MC meets some obnoxious bad boy and is like ‘ugh he’s so rude’ but two minutes later she’s flirting/swooning??
  4. Absolutely love the Shadow Raven. Her rediscovery of her human side is so interesting!
2 Likes