Discussion closed ig?

Your welcome! You will get through this! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

My pleasure! If there’s anything else, tell me ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had depression since I was very young. My stepdad did things verbal and mental abuse people picked on me because I was that quiet shy nice nerdy girl that nobody understood that kept to her myself for the most part I had maybe two three friends and is it a lot to me I was in and out counseling they tried medicine nothing truly worked until I was ready to look at myself and go this is not you what they said is not you have to believe in yourself you have to move past all the heartache and the pain I know it’s hard it’s been there I turned to my best friend and I told her I said anytime I’m sad for no reason think of something to make me laugh to think of something to make me do even if I don’t want to do it made me do that you don’t obviously leave something I truly don’t want to do because my best friend’s all crazy but like I love crafts I love photography I said I’m sad or down even if somebody said something even if there’s a reason behind it take me to do something to get my mind off of it tell me I am a good person tell me I’m beautiful even if you don’t believe it help me you got to find somebody that you trust more than anybody in this world and once I got married it was my husband well not even married once I met him my best friend still helps me but now it’s my husband like it’s just a little things have somebody hug you have somebody tell you it’s okay I think that helped me more than anything ever did was just having people who truly cared about me being there for me then going to talk somebody who’s paid to say you’re going to be okay it’s okay you’re this year that it’s okay. But they’re paid to do that so all reality in the back of your mind you’re going how do I trust you because this is what you’re supposed to say but that’s how it helped me was just getting the people I knew didn’t mind to help me the people that I know truly love me and care for me even being just two people it helped have two kids now when I’m sad it’s just the first person to love on me play a game with me anything to distract my head even when I don’t want to I make myself force myself to go play a game go for a walk some days no it don’t work another estas this may not help you just expressing what helps for me I’m truly sorry that you have to deal with depression or anybody has to it sucks it’s a daily battle something that truly never goes away I believe I don’t know maybe there are people who have overcome it and or no longer depressed but in my experience it’s something that just reappears and I’ve had to learn to live my life with.

1 Like

I’m not depressed but sometimes I just break down and I get the thing if you cry you’ll get made fun of or ppl will say its dramatic. My sister (also 16) always hits me and when I complain she’s like “It doesn’t even hurt” But i’m like you aren’t the one being hit. Sometimes I literally cry myself to sleep it can be bad but whenever I tell my other sister (14) she’ll just tell my other sister which is so annoying and then I get hit and made fun of. It’s not that I have such a terrible life and I don’t want people to think she’s depressed like she’s not okay. It’s just sometimes its to much.

Enough about me…

But you can talk to your twin rant to her, so use that privilege. I hope you remember to love-yourself because in the end we all are god’s creation and we’re all perfect in some way. :heart:

-Love, iqra

1 Like

Ikr. Like I can’t even trust my twin like that because she will tell my sisters and mom and expose me if we ever get into an arguement which is all the time for us. And aww thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Also I’m sorry about her being physical. Maybe tell your mom or something? I hope you feel better :heart:

I can relate with the abuse with my mother and father too. It was physical, verbal, and mental abuse. And they still fight all the time and I always get anxiety because he always use to physically hurt her really bad and It just makes me hate him. He doesn’t do it anymore, but they’ve been on and off for like 7-8 years and thats when he was abusive. The last time he was physical with my mom was probably a couple years ago or one year ago? However, thank you for the advice and spending your time responding. I’m happy you got through it. :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you to! It’s not that big of a deal yk sometimes… but I still love my whole family :heart:

1 Like

O.k. I look like a miss-know-it-all, but my work is with women victim of sexual abuse and of domestic violence and it’s possible that your mother doesn’t do something because she’s been abuse herself and did nothing about it. It’s like she’s becoming used to that kind of violence. I don’t excuse it, I just want to help you understand it.

For you sister, it’s also possible that she reproduce action of violence against you because you’re younger and she learned to act like that by observation of behavior of you father. It’s a common thing. Again, I don’t excuse it, but it help understand the dynamic of the relation n your family. I highly suggest you to talk with somebody who you have trust with, because mental, psychological and physical abuse have a lot of consequences in life and it maybe could help you… :S

I’m so sad to hear all of it. I don’t pity you, I just think that nobody should live in that kind of environment.
:frowning:

5 Likes

I have depression too. I don’t know what to do. Don’t feel silly about asking the forums for help. You are strong for doing that. You are so strong for being able to put yourself out there and trying to get help.

I can relate with you and your sibling issues. My sibling has done great physical and mental damage to me, though I’d rather not specify as I’m afraid of bringing negativity here.

my recent experience; tw for mention of suicide I guess

This week has been rough for me. I’ve messed up majorly in an online friendship here and then I’ve also messed up my friendships in real life. I can’t seem to do anything right. I want to be good at something. I really do. All of the subjects I was good at last year are difficult this year. I keep failling at school and I was supposed to be good at school. I’m stupid, I saw my PSAT test scores today and I want to cry but I can’t. It’s just an endless road of disappointments and I wish there was something rewarding at the end but I know there won’t be.
Here I will try to be vague. I have messed up countless times and to be honest I want to end it all. I’ve tried before (and failed) but now I’m too afraid of messing up again. I’ve done research and there is no painless and easy way to die. Of course I hope you never come close to even considering suicide but if you attempt it you’re more likely to end up living an even more painful life than to escape it all. So don’t try. I’m sorry that wasn’t very positive, that’s just how I view things.

I don’t have an inspirational story to tell and help you but I want you to know that your thread has made me feel less alone. I hope you can understand and feel pride that you have helped someone even a little bit.

As for tips for dealing with depression… I can only repeat what others have said. Check the link at the top of this thread. Talk to someone. Talk to a counselor. Call a suicide hotline. Anything. I had a therapist a while ago and it was quite helpful, I wish I still had access to that. You are worth it, you are worth seeking help. Please don’t ever doubt your worth.

4 Likes

I’ve been living with depression for over 7 years now and I still have it ! It’s like a part of me these days and can really affect everything you do in life ! You can pm me for help and support , I’ll give you advice to keep going and possibly (if you want) to become non-depressed or feel less of it!

1st step. GET LOVE SPAMMED !!!

~spams da love button on every post~
:joy::heart::heartpulse::heart::heartpulse::heart::heartpulse::heart:

4 Likes

Noo, I totally get it, In fact that seems really reasonable especially since my household is so toxic. I never even thought of it like that. Thank you for helping me understand better. Wow

1 Like

Aww thank you for being here for me and sharing that thread. I hope you’ll get through it as well, it sucks having siblings like that. What you told me goes for you too, thank you sooo much honestly I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. :heart::heart::heart: Hope things get better.

2 Likes

Aw :joy::heart::heart::heart::heart::heavy_heart_exclamation::two_hearts::yellow_heart::green_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart::hearts::hearts::blue_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::hearts::hearts::hearts::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Thank you so much for offering the help. And 7 years??? :frowning: That’s so sad, but you’re so positive it really shows what type of person you are. Whatever it is you’re depressed about, I hope you get through it as well, I really do. Thank you for responding :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I just want to give another thank you to all the people who responded or liked the replies and all, It really does mean so much. As basic as this sounds, I really can’t describe in words how much I appreciate it. Thank you for being here for me these replies make me tear up and make me feel so much better; I wish I could be there for you all like you are for me. I love all you guys thank you for making me feel less alone and providing help and support and for the ones still battling depression, I hope you get through it, too. I wish I could seriously help because I know sometimes words might not be enough. Thank you

4 Likes

depression … actually there is nothing like depression or anything…its just our mind which play games with us …always makes us remember our faults downfall our fears everything … actually for us it’s like competition or a battle with mind …if we lose we can get trapped called depression …but if we won we can get the true meaning of life …I know there is soo much things which makes us sad very sad …so much things which hurts so much and badly …but can we love that thing this much which makes us hate ourselves… love yourself…we should not overthink… sometime small small happiness is everything …we always wants everything perfect …higher expectations…cause of depression…we have to understand that only small thing can makes us so much happy …higher expectations when the time will come God will give everything …we don’t have to rush or get upset that we don’t have this or that…:innocent:

4 Likes

Don’t forget to talk to your mother, though. :wink:

1 Like

I know your reply means well and I agree with some of your points, however: this isn’t an issue of ‘winning’ or ‘losing’. Depression is an actual medical condition. It is when your brain lacks serotonin - the chemical that makes you ‘happy’, and people who are diagnosed with depression take medication to supply it to their brains. It is not as simple as ‘willing your thoughts to change’.

I don’t want people to think getting professional help is a form of ‘weakness’, because it’s not. It shows that you care about your mental wellbeing enough to, and that’s strength.

4 Likes

I know all this …I am a medical student too …but in every condition we can’t consider it as medical issue …we use yoga for this …always having meditation doesn’t help you …( Sorry if it came out rude) I don’t want to be rude …I know if nothing can help you then you have to visit a doctor …

3 Likes

Not rude at all :slight_smile: Yoga may work for some people, but not all, and that’s totally fine.

2 Likes