DISCUSSION: Corona virus

@CoraMae @lanafrazer_episode
If I was Eve… I should eat the forbidden apple sooo many times…
Those apples are so damned delicious sweet… :laughing: :laughing:
So, God, needed to punish me too much for eating this forbidden apple too many times… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow… @lexiplaysepisode

1 Like

Hmmm I still think it’s a bit to early to lift restrictions, it seems that Africa and South america along with the rest of the West Indies seem to be doing pretty well.

Still pretty concerned though because it’s in Canada, The US, Italy and the UK, alot of Bahamians are in those places, not only that but these are where a great deal of our tourists come from. So it’s very important that we continue to educate ourselves on prevention.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

well SH-

The second case is in Chatham County, literally bordering the county where I-
Wake County is where the first case is, and also super close to me umm…
(Don’t stalk me please-)

2 Likes

Personally, i don’t think it is overhyped. I lot of us have family members with weak immune systems or underlying health conditions. This virus can be fatal for them. I feel like the hype can help people from spreading and contracting the virus so that the people who are actually at risk can be safe from contagion.

1 Like

Hope everyone is staying safe and has plenty of toilet paper and tissues in their house x

2 Likes

You too, stay safe and healthy, have a good weekend. :sunglasses:

Lol, yes and hand sanitizers as well. :rofl: :grin:

The issue with the fruit on The Tree of Knowledge is that it was a sin for Adam and Eve to partake in eating it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the health benefits of eating fruit. It has everything to do with Adam and Eve disobeying God.
And @lanafrazer_episode is right. Not everyone has the same beliefs. She’s also right about eating fruits and vegetables. Making healthier choices will help immensely in preventing sickness.

1 Like

This is me trying to avoid junk food for a week!!!

1 Like

Anyway, so everybody, please enjoy your weekend, stay safe, stay in your home if you need to if your country is affected, praying for everyone around the world that this virus will end soon. :100: :v:t3: :pray:t3:

1 Like

Like it was said later on in the thread, there is a difference between spreading awareness and straight up making people panic. I was TERRIFIED when I heard it was reaching our borders, so I did my research. And that’s when I got frustrated by the misinformation and the fact that they were making it out to be a disease that wipes out anyone it touches. There should be a healthy amount of panic so we can stop the spread and keep our loved ones safe. But convincing everyone they are bound to die if they get it, is not the answer. (Which is basically what I thought)

Further into this thread you’ll see that I said I also have loved ones I fear for. But atleast I’m reassured that if my daughter gets it, her chances are better than I thought.

2 Likes

I completely agree. We shouldn’t be fear-mongering, but at the same time, this virus is also very serious and we shouldn’t take it lightly.

I’m learning my lesson from Wuhan. Less people are dying from the virus itself and more from the lack of medical attention due to congestion in hospitals (from large community outbreaks). We shouldn’t be downplaying this virus too much

2 Likes

I agree with you. Not a lot of people get it anyway. I just think most of it is fear-based but I do understand why it is like this because no one wants to get any virus right?

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely. There has to be a good balance and a healthy amount of fear in people. That way people know it’s time be washing their dang hands.

2 Likes

fr. people still be walking out of public restrooms without washing their hands like… :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Oh for real. I hate being sick when it’s a regular virus, so I’ll be washing my hands and keeping my distance from people if it gets close to where I live.

2 Likes

and then they are touching you, and who ever else, then touch an object, etc.

2 Likes

I have to wash like three times before I leave :mask: Like honestly we should be washing our hands even when there isn’t a scary virus going around. :clap:t2:

3 Likes

And it’s crazy that we have to tell people to wash their hands as if it wasn’t something you should already be doing, pandemic or no pandemic. :grimacing: :grimacing:

3 Likes