DISCUSSION: crossovers not allowed on episode?

what are crossovers? like making a character from a movie in putting it in story?

2 Likes

Having another story and plot ig appear in your story and like have it relate to each other. I can’t explain lol

1 Like

like u have someone character in yr story?

1 Like

Yeah with their permission tho and your character appears in their story and you basically come up with a chapter or more together where you have the characters together and you combine ideas

1 Like

For example: Superman and Batman.
They had a crossover episode or movie.

3 Likes

ahhh now I get it okay.

3 Likes

Only five punches though, that’s pathetic :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Well, the app is PG13.

1 Like

I think it’s crappy because how is Episode going to dictate as to what authors want to do concerning their stories. I think they should stay out of it, and I mean this in not a rude way. It’s crazy how two authors can’t do a crossover between their stories.

5 Likes

Yeah but stories with violence in it always warns people at the start of the story

1 Like

Uhhh no crossovers that sucks :sleepy:

1 Like

They’re breaking their own guidelines and yet promoting shit like pregnant by my teacher… are you shitting me :sleepy:

10 Likes

For real!!!

1 Like

If something is PG13, then it has a restriction on what it can contain.

Just because it gives us a warning, that doesn’t mean it’s legally allowed to contain it.

3 Likes

You have to be 13 or over to have episode anyway, not under

1 Like

Yes. Which is why it’s PG13.

I’m not sure what the ratings are like universally. But here, it’s PG13 then 18+. To cater for everyone between 13 and 18, the episode needs to be suitable for PG13.

I’m over Episode now. This new “guideline” is unfair.

1 Like

To support bringing crossovers back click the link!!

3 Likes
  1. They can do crossovers on their own stories because they are the creators of them or are in direct contact with the authors to get consent. So, no, they are not violating their own guidelines.
  2. This isn’t a NEW rule its a clarification. While I believe this rule is stupid and there are other ways to deal with it, it is still a guideline that’s always been in place.
  3. As far as PG13 thing goes, yes they put suggestive stuff in their own stories, and they should fix it to pertain to their own guidelines. However, it’s their own company. Ethically and morally wrong? Yes. Is it really against the law? Nope.
  4. As far as authors being upset about excessive violence and cussing, that’s always been in place, and they are just trying to push it. Sorry, not sorry. :woman_shrugging:

What should you do in the meantime while all this is getting brought up?
Nothing. Leave your story as is. They aren’t going to go through EVERY SINGLE STORY. If/when the time comes and they email you, then figure it out but honestly. Just support the form I put up. Who knows if these petitions people make really get to Episode and with everyone tagging episode on Instagram and stuff, how much do you honestly think they are reading and seeing? At least they monitor the forums more than anything. Be respectful, say support and move on until you hear something more.

4 Likes

Hypocrisy at its finest.

5 Likes