Discussion: Cultural Items Used For Unintended Purposes

I mean, they respect the people. But I don’t think think Islam supports the lifestyle. It really depends on the individual.

2 Likes

So basically the hijabs make 0 sense :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I actually didn’t know you’re able to put Hijabs on men in Episode.

you’d think that Episode, a multi-million dollar company, would know that it makes no sense to offer them as a clothing option for men.

hmmm

1 Like

Episode puts no effort onto researching this stuff about other cultures or religions so I’m not surprised. I wouldn’t even be shocked if they put Kippahs available for females. Lol

2 Likes

not to jump to conclusions, but i’m assuming that decison came from complete ignorance on Episode’s part.

1 Like

episode clothing is very limited and we have to be creative. If people use it for fantasy purposes I don’t see the issue honestly?

1 Like

I guess for Fantasy purposes it’s fine, it just matters how they did it.

3 Likes

I think it’s perfectly acceptable considering there is not many long skirts. Even then, if they aren’t being disrespectful, what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Hijab is like to show modesty towards men, so they respect women for wearing the hijab. And I literally have no idea why hijab is an outfit for men because men aren’t suppose to wear the hijab.

2 Likes

so are you saying that men don’t respect women if they don’t wear hijab?

1 Like

they were saying that that’s why men wore them for the event, to show respect. exactly why they also said this:

please don’t accuse someone of saying one thing while there is evidence to prove they didn’t mean that.

3 Likes

I’m not accusing anyone, I genuinely have a question and am confused, because they also said: “so they respect women for wearing the hijab.” it just makes me wonder :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Cultural appreciation > Cultural appropriation

2 Likes

i know, i misused my words, what i meant was, they were talking about the event which was stated before their comment. there’s no need to be confused, especially since afterwards they said men aren’t supposed to wear hijabs unless specified to.

2 Likes

i’m not talking about men, but this specific quote

Hijab is like to show modesty towards men, so they respect women for wearing the hijab

it just makes me wonder, I don’t mean to offend anyone this is just something I’m genuinely confused by because what about women who choose not to?

1 Like

ohhh, i’m sorry, i didn’t understand, and i wonder the same thing

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem with it if the person isn’t being offensive in their use of the item.

My fantasy story (unpublished oof) utilizes some of these items because there’s not really any other option for the clothing. We all know how limited Episode’s skirt/dress wardrobe is for LL… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I can’t agree more. You are totally right.

2 Likes

I’ll answer your question seeing as no one has yet. Muslim women don’t wear the hijab as a sign of respect for men, but rather as a spiritual symbol for themselves and their God. For the majority of women it is a religious choice, however like all things it can be abused in extremist situations. And in those cases it has lost all of its religious value and is no longer a sacred symbol.

5 Likes

You don’t have to disrespect or have a lack of respect for the people who don’t wear a hijab just because you respect people for wearing a hijab. I respect doctors for what they do. It doesn’t mean I don’t respect anyone who isn’t a doctor.

I respect different people for different reasons.

2 Likes