DISCUSSION: Cultures & Knowledge

If you read the new topics on the forums lately, you can tell more ppl are starting to right more about Black People, WHICH IS AMAZING AND I’M SO HAPPY PPL ARE WRITING ABOUT ALL THESE DIFFERENT CULTURES, but my only problem is the information, that ppl don’t want to look up.

6 Likes

I just give people cc for the mc. personally do not care for diversity in the stories i write i just put a bunch of diffrent skin colour people in cause it looks stupid if evryone looks the same. personally i would not care if i just made evryone white

1 Like

No it’s just people need to know the information.

And it’s true with any other race.

2 Likes

Never thought about it like that

It’s a bittersweet thing. Cool to see POC MC, but is it just their skin tone? What are you gunna do about the culture or issues of that particular POC?
Not everyone cares about that stuff, but it gives those characters more authenticity. And for me, I love different cultures/traditions, it gives a story much more substance.
Hopefully, people do a bit of research on it :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

My main hope.

2 Likes

I love that they are doing that too, but when they have wrong information, that stuff really is annoying ASF.

4 Likes

Yep I am planning on writing a story to have a black male mc. We need some more male mc. :clap:

3 Likes

Best of luck for your story :smile:

1 Like

thx :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome :smile:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Right, right. People can’t write about a culture without doing some research. You can’t just pop up and write a story about a particular race and culture of people without learning some background knowledge about them.

Are you being sarcastic?

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Oh, I thought you were playing about what you said. It’s probably my fault, I might’ve read it the wrong way. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. You said

I thought you were being sarcastic, about not having to do research

I think that’s fair in my story “allergic to love” My main character Leo is Italian and the 4 other main characters are: Hispanic, Ghananian (Muslism), Japenses and Italian? British. So in order, to get proper name’s and backstories I had to do a fair amount of research about the cultures and slangs they would use to make the characters more realistics. However, I feel like diversity in episode stories are hard to understand like is it really “diverse” if all your background characters are different races and is the queer community represented if you have the one gay best friend? Not really
sips tea :tea: but no tea, no shade I’m just saying

anime

Yes it is diverse, it’s a type of diversity

I just kind expect more :woman_shrugging: There’s so many more ways to express diversity. Have a more diveristy cast. Also the gay best friend sterotype needs a little fixing

1 Like

Yeah, the stereotyping really needs a lot of work.

1 Like