DISCUSSION: Dirty Dancing Contest

I was thinking the same thing. It’ll be interesting to see if the Episode team rewards stories with total originality or stories that most effectively retell the plot of the original movie.

2 Likes

What is retelling laides?

Nvm got it.

I’m deceased, and dead (wait they mean the same thing)

I’ll spend a whole day thinking of a plot twist.

I know. I just saw it! It’s great.

I’m gonna make the male character into a female, that’s my twist :joy::joy:

3 Likes

for those who have not seen movie, you have to see, it’s worth of, it’s very good (the 87’s version please :joy:).

I’m only entering if I’m allowed to do a lesbian dirty dancing rewrite

5 Likes

Yes spread the gayness please

2 Likes

Thank you for the support… episode let me make it gay

6 Likes

They say they have to be extra strict about the guidelines on this one… does that mean we shouldn’t include the botched abortion plot? :joy:

5 Likes

LMAO i didnt watch the movie

2 Likes

Do the character’s names HAVE to be Baby and Johnny?

1 Like

hmm, even tho I could join, I haven’t seen the movie. I also don’t know if I’d enjoy writing a romance - focus story. I do wish the options were more broad, like the Perfect Pitches contest, where your story had to be a comedy.

2 Likes

I’m kind of annoyed. I knew I wouldn’t be eligible for the prize because who in the right mind would pay for an Aussie to go to Hollywood (it’s way too expensive) but I’m not even allowed to enter.

7 Likes

YES WTF!!! Im so angry

3 Likes

I don’t understand the logic/reasoning behind only admitting entries from the US, Canada, and the UK. Yes, it makes sense that a writer from a different place can’t win the grand prize, but what’s the harm in that writer getting a place on the shelf? Why is that not allowed? What are the negative implications of that? I just don’t get it.

10 Likes

Well the grand prize is only for people in US anyway, so if they’re going to disqualify some countries, why is Canda and UK allowed to participate even though they also can’t win?

7 Likes

Is it bad that I only want the prize? Hahaha. So I wouldn’t enter anyway, but I think it’s so unfair for everyone else that wants to enter for the fun of it

I guess that’s true. But I think most people will get sick of the plot if all of them have to be the same story line

3 Likes