DISCUSSION: Diversity Abuse

Welcome! Here are the rules:

NO DRAMA

STAY ON TOPIC

Those are most important!

I have read a lot of stories! And most of them are about latina/latino families. Or maybe on any race for that matter. I think it’s getting to the extent of where people are abusing that use of diversity. A lot of people feel comfortable in that genre, and I get it, I do to. Some people may not even speak spanish, or be in that type of mexican culture. And obviously talk about that.

Any opinion is welcome!

1 Like

What do you mean?? I don’t understand

6 Likes

People might be overusing the idea.

1 Like

What idea?

1 Like

Of diversity?

1 Like

The whole Latina/Latino family facility.

1 Like

Not diversity itself.

I saw only one story about a Latinx family, don’t see how it’s being overused…

And if it ever came to that, why? Why is it a problem? We have a lot of English-speaking American families, why can’t we have the same amount of Latinx families?

30 Likes

Oh ok I see. I don’t see anything wrong with that unless the authors who are not latino/latina don’t know what they are writing about. I think it’s good more people are beginning to write about more than just the typical American/English family

6 Likes

Are you saying people should stop writing about Hispanic families?

4 Likes

The question or whatever it is you wrote, doesn’t even make sense ???

5 Likes

I’m proper confused. I don’t see many hispanic families. Why would we need to stop writing about them?

17 Likes

Not sure if you’re trying to say, “you’re not Latino, so you can’t write about Latinos.” If so, that wouldn’t be fair.

Or are you talking about how they’re represented?

11 Likes

What do you mean by that if you are only talking about latina/latinos?

2 Likes

Exactly. If there is so much, at least give us a list to show us what you mean

4 Likes

Do you mean that in you’re opinion there are to many latina/latino families and no other form of diversity??

1 Like

So because we don’t speak spanish we can’t have hispanic in our stories?? tf?

9 Likes

I don’t get why all writers of latinx stories have to know mexican culture? Not all latinx people are mexican?

9 Likes

I think, Mamialyssa has read about a lot of Latino families. However, in general, Mamialyssa may be saying there may be a lot of stories about specific races.

I still don’t get it. I’m so sorry

1 Like