DISCUSSION: Diversity Abuse

Since when is having loads of Hispanic people a bad thing?

7 Likes

How can people existing in a story be abuse of diversity?

7 Likes

How do you abuse diversity by representing people? How do you abuse diversity by being diverse? Is there a quota for the number of Hispanic characters we’re allowed to make?

6 Likes

I am extremely confused :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

I am so baffed like I don’t even know what to do. I’m still trying to fully understand what she wrote

5 Likes

I just don’t understand how this works. Is there a diversity meter that will explode if you have too many Hispanic people?

5 Likes

And obviously talk about what???

4 Likes

This post doesn’t even make sense :roll_eyes:
Abusing diversity?
We can’t use latino’s/latina’s families because we don’t speak spanish… but then going to turn away and complain that you don’t seen enough of them in stories…

???

What?

15 Likes

Umm…what’s wrong with including lots of Hispanic characters? Dafuq I’m confused

6 Likes

That’s what I’m saying!! I’ve reread it so many times it doesn’t even look like english anymore

7 Likes

It looks like a certain language called…gibberish

7 Likes

I want to know where did she go… I want answers?!? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

AND WHY DO THEY ALL NEED TO KNOW MEXICAN CULTURE?!

I changed it to Hispanic because Latina/Latino covers Brazil as well, and they don’t speak Spanish. I guess Brazil in general is bad representation?

8 Likes

That’s exactly what it is

The actual f? What does Mexican culture have to do with this?

2 Likes

Rules out the Brazilians and anyone not from Mexico? Or do you have to speak Spanish and know about Mexico to represent any part of Latin America?

7 Likes

That’s kinda impossible when the topic is so unclear

15 Likes

Agreed. If I saw a two headed alien casually walking around my house I’d be less confused than I am right now.

7 Likes

Do people make post like this because they know it’s going to get a lot of traffic :thinking: because this was just… :woman_shrugging:t4: erm… can we get some answers @Mamialyssa ?!

6 Likes

Probably.

2 Likes