DISCUSSION: Do y’all believe in love lol?

Me too! I have two best friends and we have known each other for our entire lives.

2 Likes

I love it !!! :pleading_face::heartpulse:

2 Likes

I mean, I personally don’t think it’s a case of believing it because as humans, we inherently need to feel things like love. It’s apart of the pyramid of sociological needs.

With that said, I believe that love is inescapable. We find love in things all around us: pets, friends, family, maybe a food you like, hobbies that you participate in every day. Even the smallest things can evoke the feeling of love, and I think it’s important to note that all love is inherently romantic in nature.

4 Likes

Now you said that :thinking: love is important and is human. However, can humans be IN love with something ? :tired_face:

3 Likes

No lets get this cash

3 Likes

Ok perioddddd :rofl::rofl: !!!

3 Likes

It depends on who you ask, people can be in love with virtually anything under the right circumstance. Even some wild things - cars, the Eiffel Tower, random household objects :skull: I wish I was kidding but there’s deadass whole shows dedicated to this topic alone. I believe some dude married his truck?

I don’t think love should just be confined to romance or a S/O, bc like you said, love is a natural response we give. However, if you’re asking your main post from a romantic standpoint; I believe in love but some people are more open to the idea of love than others, & that’s totally okay. I personally think sOuLmAtE crap is a load a hogwash & most people glorify romantic love when it’s rly mediocre :skull:

6 Likes

I didn’t want to participate, but here I am.

To answer the question, yes, I’m a firm believer in love. And like @Succubus said, as humans we’re bound to it by nature and we can find it in various different forms (they’re called relationships, friendships, hobbies or passions, etc.). But I feel like most of us confuse love for something that it’s not.

Most people think love is the equivalent of ‘liking’ someone or something. The truth is that it’s synonymous with ‘caring’ for someone or something. It pretty much means that it’s not something we experience passively, but rather something we choose to experience. Sure, at times we find it easier because it’s towards something we like and enjoy. But is it easy to love (or to care for, if you prefer) someone who is homeless, or a S/O or family member who is on self-destructive mode or is badly ill? Yet, if you truly love them, you’d do it, and most likely sacrificing yourself for their well being.

Clearly, if someone is causing you harm and damage then that person doesn’t actually love you and care about you while stating the opposite. But just because in your experience people have only been able to hurt you, doesn’t mean all people on earth are like that.

In short, we all love and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. But there is also no true love or fake love. It’s just about love or no love. The media is fake, we all know that. If you believe that love equals that of movies and TV shows, think again, that’s not what it’s about. That’s just lust.

7 Likes

Lmaooo :rofl: so far from living on this Earth… it is hogwash !!! :rofl: I actually understand !! And people who loves objects like that…yeah I don’t know how to explain those type of people lol.

3 Likes

!!! I do believe all people are not like the ones who breaks other hearts !! I think I need to just do some more living to actually know what “love” is. Because you’re right !! The world is so crazy :sob: I’m so 50/50 on love so one minute I’m like…“love…ew don’t believe in that…” then I look at my mother and her fiance, and I say "ok this is definitely real :pleading_face: ". So overall, I need to just live more LOL.

4 Likes

I believe in a connection. But not love, mainly because of my parents. They like each other, but I know they don’t ‘love’ each other. But I think that what people consider love is different. The connection I’m talking about could easily be considered ‘love’ by anyone else.

5 Likes

Scientifically speaking, I know it exists in some sense. There are hormones and neurotransmitters connected to it and everything. I don’t believe in love at first sight or that everyone will love one other person the same amount for their whole life. But of course, love is more complicated. It’s not just one concept alone, but rather many tied together. By that, I mean love is more of just the feeling of caring, believing, admiring, and wanting all together.

I’m really enjoying seeing everybody else’s opinions on this very interesting topic. It’s cool to be able to explore so many different perspectives.

6 Likes

I never thought about connection :thinking: I think people forget that you can just have a connection with someone and confuse it with love :sob: unless the fact having that connection makes you think you’re in love :pleading_face::sob::sob::sob: OMG.

5 Likes

I love how you brought up the scientific pov !!! I definitely don’t believe in love at first sight because how do you actually love that person just by just looking at them for the first time LOL. I do believe hormones do play a huge part on love no doubt :tired_face::sob:

4 Likes

I totally agree!

3 Likes

Imao: Love is not just love

2 Likes

Yep, it’s not love at first sight, it’s lust at first sight!

4 Likes

I don’t really. Sometimes I think love exits and sometimes I am like “Love? are you serious?” So, It’s a 50/50 for me

3 Likes

I heard that !!! Most definitely lust at first sight lmaoooo :sob::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

LMAOOO this just described exactly how I feel about “love” :sob::rofl:

2 Likes