Discussion: Do Y'all Think People Not Finding Others Outside Their Race Attractive is Racist?

Sometimes, people express that they wouldn’t date outside their race and sometimes it can be for aesthetic reasons, I understand that, but I know some people don’t like it.

So, if you think it is racist to not date outside your own race because maybe you don’t like the type of hair someone has, maybe you don’t like that his race can’t typically grow a beard very well, or maybe his race always seems to look too feminine or too masculine or maybe you don’t like the nose type this race of people seems to have sometimes, whatever the case?

To be clear on my stance real quick: I think all typical appearances of races of people are beautiful in their own unique way, and there’s nothing wrong with looking different.

But are there any people here who generally don’t think a big nose is pretty? How about thin, straight hair? Big, kinky hair? Thin lips? Monolid eyes? And if you tend to not like certain typical features, are you racist?

Also to be clear on another stance of mine: it’s okay to be discriminatory in this sense. You like what you like and people can’t shame you for that. I love big noses more than anything and don’t like upturned, pug/button noses as much. Just can’t do it T.T

I’ve heard people say that “I don’t like the big nose” so they’re met with “You’re racist against Jews! (or blacks)”

I’ve heard people say “I don’t like monolids” so “racist against Asians!”

What are all y’all’s takes on this type of subject? Also apologies for…possibly sounding insensitive, I know I do that a lot, I mean to not be insensitive, but…y’all know by now I can’t really help it LOLOLOLOLOL

14 Likes

i think it’s all your opinion but you can’t say things like you’re jews so i don’t like you or you’re asian so you’re ugly or something like that! if you don’t feel attracted to someone you can’t do anything about it! so yeah

7 Likes

Well tbh I only fall for white man and if people find me rasist that way then so be it :woman_shrugging: I just don’t find a black skin attractive. Now I’m not saying it isn’t a beautifull skin but I just simply don’t fall for people with color. it’s hard to explain without sounding racist :sweat:

4 Likes

TBH, I never met any race/nationality, where I wouldn’t find a representative of it, that I wouldn’t consider attractive.

While that. I have one particular race that I don’t find myself sexually attracted to, if u know what I mean.

Guess aesthetic taste and sexual attraction can go different routes. But no, I don’t consider it racist. you like who you like, and unless u go all vocal like “dude, you are ugly” I’m okay with that.

6 Likes

It matters though. Overall, not really. It’s a preference. As long as you don’t bash the other races features, it’s not racist at all.

10 Likes

To add about my comment
in my eyes is sexual preference and being rasist 2 different things

9 Likes

Yes! I agree with this as well. It isn’t because you’re Asian that I don’t like you, exactly. That isn’t the argument. I see, I see. Does it come off that way to you sometimes?

I personally don’t find many Asian men attractive because the kind of man I think is most attractive is a huge ass, burly, majestic-beard having’ dude. A lot of Asian men often seem more feminine in their appearance, which they’re very pretty, that’s true, but I don’t always find a feminine-looking guy super attractive. I don’t think that makes me racist towards Asians, but shrugs we’ll find out ^^

Could you maybe elaborate? What is it about darker skin you don’t feel is as attractive as lighter skin?

I think they are two different things, but they meet up, like…you wouldn’t be sexually attractive to anyone you don’t think is aesthetically pleasing as well, right? On the other hand, you could meet someone who is absolutely beautiful! But if they’re an asshat, maybe they become less attractive, so it had nothing to do with aesthetics :thinking: “You’re beautiful, but I don’t like you.” Kinda deal. And…similar situation vice versa?

:thinking: Mmmkay…when you say “As long as you don’t bash other races features” do you mean like “I don’t like the typical Jewish nose” is that racist to you?

1 Like

'xactly :+1:t4:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t agree tbh. I met guys who weren’t considered as handsome by my standards, but I was sexually attracted to them, just because of their personality. Rare, but it happens. Charisma > Look

6 Likes

Well, the correct term is “Anti-semetic.” Jews are not a race. And it kinda is persay. Because you’re generalizing the Jews as a whole and saying as if they have the same nose. But eh. Not really. Not everyone needs to like everything, just do it respectfully. :relieved:

3 Likes

Lol, I definitely know the correct term >.> trust me, I’ve had a personal relationship with anti-antisemitism I’m just using “racist” as a more broad term here for this particular discussion about discriminating against peoples that tend to have specific features.

:+1: Appreciate your input! <3

2 Likes

I dont find it racist because its your personal preference right?

5 Likes

Oh really?? :thinking: Hmm…I see how maybe that could happen…vaguely lol

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t date outside my race. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t either. It’s YOUR preference.

5 Likes

It is indeed a preference. That’s how I see it, anyways. I know that some people will disagree. I hope some people on the forums disagree so we can have a pretty good discussion about it, though. We’ll see ^^

2 Likes

Real life, dude :smiley: It’s the thing.

Biology/evolution thang if u wish. Our breeding instinct reacts on certain personalities, commanding, different.

4 Likes

Preach

I will try to explain
black skin maybe beautifull just like white skin but I’m much more interessted in a person with white skin (sexually). it’s just something I can’t control. I can’t force myself either to don’t have this sexual preferance. There are just somethings that you don’t like in someones looks. people can not like a big nose and find it totally unattractive. other people find super models totaly unattractive and things like that however that doesn’t make people automaticly a rasist.

8 Likes

Lmao girl–People called me racist just because I don’t wanna date outside my race. :joy: It’s gonna happen but I don’t see why everyone has a problem with it. As long as I respect and are kind to people outside of it, it should be fine not to find them attractive or as my preference. We shouldn’t be forced to. :unamused:

6 Likes

People use the term racist to loosely these days

7 Likes